Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best AV?

What's the best AV?

whats the best AV to use?
    \"Knowledge is the beginning of something you don\'t know.\"

NORTON!! Norton has a nice interface, has lots of AV updates for any new viruses that come out. It offers the rescue disks to help with viruses that the GUI version can't handle. It can offer you full time protection and all you'll see is a little icon on the taskbar. Plus you get 600 days of free updates, thats really useful. And norton AV was also cnet's pick for AV software. It beat out other major competitors including McAfee AV.

Its realy a personal choice, lots of people throw down the cash and get a full featured program like McAfee or Norton, while others (myself included) either don't want to pay, or as in my case don't have the money to afford the higher end program, and settle for free antivirus like Inocculate (don't think I spelled it right, but i never used it before either) or AVG.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I like avg becasue its free. Plus it does almost everything the big budget virus scanners do.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I use Norton along with the Cleaner for my Windows partition. >shrug< It really depends on how much $$ you are willing to spend.

well what if you have to choose between McAfee and Norton AV? which will me tha best?
    \"Knowledge is the beginning of something you don\'t know.\"

I have never used McAffee before, but I hear it is OK. I have used Norton for many years and has served me well. The bottom line is, no AV is perfect. As long as it works, and you update it, then you should be OK.

norton is hands down the best at detecting viruses in the wild...
    I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.....

Cyanide cocktail anyone? (with a pineapple twist, of course..)

i used Trend PC-cillin before, but now im using NAV, you can download the virus def. anytime and much faster compare to other AV.

Khakisrule, i thought it was only a 365 days free virus def. download.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

I dunno, I use 2001 'cause I have win95. I just checked out my sister's laptop which runs NAV corp. and NAV personal because I use that NAV personal as a backup in case I need to reinstall a specific file. It is 365 days on her laptop, looks like my NAV is a little screwy, corrupted I guess. Ah well, I'm not going to complain. But to those who say McAfee is good, and then admit they haven't used it, not just in this thread but in others like this, I say HA! Just advocate NAV, we need to keep it afloat. I mean, bastardass pirates rip off NAV all the time, and though sometimes priated software is needed, for products I find really helpful, or very useful, and/or very nice I buy them. I want to support the companies that make good software, and that includes MS. BTW McAfee told me they use NAV on all their comps. j/k.