Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best AV?

Just advocate NAV, we need to keep it afloat. I mean, bastardass pirates rip off NAV all the time, and though sometimes priated software is needed, for products I find really helpful, or very useful, and/or very nice I buy them. I want to support the companies that make good software, and that includes MS.
    Piracy will always be around. To reduce my paranoia, I buy products that have to paid for. That way, I have tech support, etc. If I cannot afford it (even nice), I say it's nice to want or save up for it. Of all the useless crap I buy everyday, putting a few bucks a side every week will get me that little disk with the warm fuzzy feeling I did the right thing. That's just me; if others feel they wanna "borrow" stuff, oh well...

Like khakisrule said, you will not go wrong with NAV.

I know piracy will be around all the time. And I have used pirated software, either because I hate the maker, or because I need an old program to work with my win95 and the maker doesn't offer it anymore. But there are somethings that MUST be supported, like NAV. I wish THEY would put in some protection for their software, because, they make such a great program that it bothers me to see it ripped off. They're a good company that makes good software, and so I hope others will understand my point of view and buy Norton products as well. And as for the piraters, without buyers, you would have nothing to pirate as the companies wouldn't make their software.

And I have used pirated software, either because I hate the maker, or because I need an old program to work with my win95 and the maker doesn't offer it anymore.
    Okay. >shrug< We will leave it at that

Banned
    Norton or Mcafee, But dont use both on the same computer at the same time, its prolly some advertising but Norton detects McAfee as a virus and McAfee detects Norton as one
    Also try AVG

I use NAV corp edition. Does anyone use Panda Anti-virus? They always seem to have a fix for most viruses so i want to know if it is better than NAV.
    (-

Trust me, nothing beats NAV, especially not panda. Panda's free AV is weak, do they still offer that free AV thing? I dunno, but NAV offers frequent live updates and has a great site with really useful information of different viruses.

Cool

thanks guys..

We use NAV Corp Edition. It works very well. I think the most important thing is not wether or not you use NAV, or Fred's antivirus, but that you keep the patern files up to date.

Net,

I did a search for previous threads on this question, and I would just like to say. It looks like Norton has won everytime.

Originally posted here by phprules
    I dunno, but NAV offers frequent live updates and has a great site with really useful information of different viruses.
    I am NAV all the way but with my experience with their live update half of the time it is worthless and will refuse to update the software. But then half of the time it will it depends on which of my computers it is on. My desktop it is fine but my laptop it is worthless.

RadG