Thread: Iis5.1 Wtf????!!!?!?

Exclamation Iis5.1 Wtf????!!!?!?

I run a personall site for my self from home http://xserver.sytes.net i have IIS 5.1 installed updated and i assembled the site using front page. my OS is xp pro

the site works and i dont know how! i installed IIS and i cannot access it from MMC or the admin tools link in the start menu.

in no way at all i can see or configure IIS!

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still i cannot access it.

does anyone have any suggestions?????
    WHOEVER SAID BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY OBVIOUSLY HASN\'T HAD A GOOD NOONER.

Banned
    Ummm, It is probably because IIS 5.1 came out after XP, but im not.... You should get Apache, it is more secure...

The Iceman Cometh
    Acid > If my memory serves me correctly, IIS 5.1 is the IIS that is included within the Windows XP Pro installation. I may be wrong, though...

Hostylez > Have you run the IIS LockDown tool from Microsoft or any other programs which may have locked down specific features of IIS? I know from personal experience, when I hosted a site with a 2000 machine, after running the LockDown tool, I couldn't access the site, though it was still up on the web. After running the LockDown tool again, removing what it had changed, it worked fine. Just a thought.

AJ