Thread: Air Guitar World Championships

Banned

Air Guitar World Championships

The Air Guitar World Championships are once again open for participants. For the first time, winners of national championships around the world are flown in to take part in the main event, held in cooperation with the Oulu Music Video Festival. These seventh annual championships will span a period of two days.
    The grand finale will take place in Kuusisaari, Oulu, Finland, on Friday 23 Aug.
    The main prize: a real electric guitar.

If you're not convinced of your own talent: there's a training camp for only 120 € (and that is, since yesterday, more than $120). Included are lectures on topics such as 'Zen and the Art of Air Guitar' and 'How to Maintain your Instrument'.

Keep in mind that you'll have to play 2 songs: one that you choose yourself, and one compulsory. You are free to play either electric or acoustic, though.
    White socks and boxer-shorts are optional. Tennis-rackets are forbidden.

The purpose of the festival: no less than promoting world peace.

Evening Standard, Monday, 15 March 1999
    If New Orleans is the musical "Big Easy" and New York the "Big Apple",
    then Oulu is the "Big Dewdrop", the mecca of airheads.

It's the first time I view a such thing. It must be dificult to do real gestures without guitar.

I don't know if you remember in the "scar tissue" video clip of the Red Hot Chili Peppers when Dave Navarro play on a broken guitar without cord (I don't know the tech name to design it). It impressed me. I imagine that Air guitar is something like this in more strange.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Re: Air Guitar World Championships

Originally posted here by Negative

The grand finale will take place in Kuusisaari, Oulu, Finland, on Friday 23 Aug.
    The main prize: a real electric guitar.
    hehehe isn't that kind of against the air guitar shakras
    If you're not convinced of your own talent: there's a training camp for only 120 € (and that is, since yesterday, more than $120). Included are lectures on topics such as 'Zen and the Art of Air Guitar' and 'How to Maintain your Instrument'.
    Maintain your instrument eh? Is that like how to avoid air guitar tennis elbow?
    Keep in mind that you'll have to play 2 songs: one that you choose yourself, and one compulsory. You are free to play either electric or acoustic, though.
    White socks and boxer-shorts are optional. Tennis-rackets are forbidden.

The purpose of the festival: no less than promoting world peace.
    Neat
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Yeh, I read this in Wired magazine the other day. I thought they were just screwing around or something, but these people are really serious about it. 0o