Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

help

I am using visual c++, and I wanted to know how I could make prog.'s for linux.
    Thanx for the help in advance.

You can write it, of course, and just compile the source in Linux. You understand how C++ works, right, and what source is and whatnot?

Humm, visual C++ and Linux ?
    I think you mean "C" not Visual C++, the visual program languages are for windowz.

The Iceman Cometh
    As Jehnx said, you can write and test your program within the Visual C++ environment, but you'll have to compile it in Linux to make sure it works. Also, make sure that you don't use proprietary Win32 applications. There are compiler-specific commands for C++ (especially within the MS Visual world), and if you use any of those, you will get errors within Linux. For compiling in any *nix environment, I have had the best results using g++. It seems to be more compatible with Visual C++ than other compilers I've tested.

AJ

Could you give me a good compiler in linux? I would appreciate it, thank you.
    \"Cant sleep..... clown\'ll eat me..... cant sleep...... clown\'ll eat me.\"

gcc is the norm, and I would recommend it. Most (if not all) distros have it, and if you want, you can try KDevelop IDE which looks something to what you are used to.

KDevelop Home: http://www.kdevelop.org/
    gcc Home: http://gcc.gnu.org/

Hope this helps

Thank you sooo much I am a newbie but still learning. I hope that I haven't annoyed you too
    much.

Thank you all
    \"Cant sleep..... clown\'ll eat me..... cant sleep...... clown\'ll eat me.\"

You are very welcome. Good luck.

You can copy the most of same code (of course without Win functions) but you have to create a new GUI on Linux. With Glide3 or something like that. You must use QT or GTK+ API.

I think so .
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"