Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brandfirms BlackBook.

True allenb, us americans have it pretty d*mn good, but we do pas thru the @$$ for it being so good. anywho, remeber the kathylee thing a while back, im sure she had NOOO idea that was going on, suuuure, but when it got out in the open she made sure to cover her butt and help save the youngins making her clothing. And i was thinking about this, if an Indonesian kid makes a tommy hilfiger shirt for 2 cents, why in god's name does it cost $35+, i severley doubt tarifs are that high....... just a thought

on the economy elsewhere, sweatshops, and the ability of more "pronounced" countries taking advantage of 3rd world citizens....

I've noticed one thing, the lack of education is what allows a lot of this to happen... Most outside countries will control this as well, for a smarter population cannot be taken advantage of as much as a "simpler" population. Look at the Phillipines, there is a half and half situation there where (mostly canadian) corporations will utilize the weaker economy to save money on workers.... this is both good and bad as the pay from such corporations brings money into a country... however in some areas, where there is no corporate influence... there are no notebooks in schools or no schools at all.... if you have to explain to a population why the moon is shiny, chances are you can convince them that the work they are doing (no matter how highly paid elsewhere) is worth what you are giving them.

This is human nature.... the best correction is education, if your frustrated find a good organization to donate to or travel to a country yourself and teach! (A few close friends of mine are doing just that in Belize, and the Phillipines). Perhaps certain economies will always be less fulfilled than those of us lucky ones (US, Europe, etc. ) but at least those people with the will to improve themselves may earn a little more, and perhaps bring more money into their countries market.

Just a thought.... nother rant.... eh...
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.