Thread: Slow Connections

Slow Connections

Hello JP
    U r doing a fine job.. At times i feel myself to be an addict to Ur forum..

I feel, to some people away from US and europe have very slow connections. At times the AO home page takes 1-2 minutes for load and it seems irritating. I would like if U can have any solution. The graphics in the page can be minimised. The picture on the home page is too big to load. Or else can the graphic be loaded after the whole text being loaded..??

or is there any way to show the frame on left(login,logout etc) before the whole contents are loaded??

thank U

The Iceman Cometh
    There have been some problems today (I noticed it on a fast connection) where the pages would take a while to load. Overall, I think the site runs fairly fast, even on a dial-up connection, considering everything that's involved with the site. If you're having a lot of problems, you may want to either try another browser (I, for instance, notice all of my web surfing is significantly improved using Opera rather than Internet Explorer). Also, you can try to find one of those Internet accelerator programs... I've heard some good reviews about them, but don't have any experience with them myself.

AJ

And here is where you can find some free accelerators, they also have a shareware section that has some more that you can buy if you like them.

Also, you can try to find one of those Internet accelerator programs...
    You will want to add this site to your favorites too.

just my 2 cents worth...
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Originally posted here by aeallison
    And here is where you can find some free accelerators, they also have a shareware section that has some more that you can buy if you like them.

You will want to add this site to your favorites too.

just my 2 cents worth...
    An accelerator won't really have that much effect on the latency problem (esspecially if it's a server client distance issue). My suggestion would be to save the homepage and pictures locally so you don't have to constently load them later. Or set your browser to not view pictures.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

zepherin makes a very accurate point...

An accelerator won't really have that much effect on the latency problem (esspecially if it's a server client distance issue). My suggestion would be to save the homepage and pictures locally so you don't have to constently load them later. Or set your browser to not view pictures.
    So for speeding up your connection try this link. It will require a little work to come up with an optimum configuration, but you will be surprised how good this works. I have used it in the past and I got almost 200% faster connection!! Try it, when you have some extra time to kill.

I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?