Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANTIONLINE invasion of PRIVACY?

Banned

ANTIONLINE invasion of PRIVACY?

I have found that antionline is invading our privacy by showing what attachments have been downloaded by whom on the forum. Why do others need to know what users have downloaded Is this not an invasion of privacy by allowing users to know what attachement others are downloading. Not that its such a terrible thing! It's just the princple of the issue.

I wonder what else JP is logging about us?

Haha, ok maybe I'm just being pyscho. But whatever! Oh yes.. we also submit our profiles which give access to thousands of people our personal information. Is it really worth it? Alot of new time internet users don't even understand the maginitude of what may happen because of it.

DO not give in to the internet crowed! Remane annoymouse, or just be an annoying mouse. like me.

Also when you vote for a poll anyone can see what you vote on. JP has databases full of info about each of us...all our threads, convos, everything...

Like the internet should be!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Banned
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's my worse nightmare. JP I beg you to delete all of your information for the sake of privacy!

Kwiep
    Mmm.. You're very right about the poll thing. I think at least that sould be anonymously and if you want everyone to know what you chose you just post a post.
    Double Dutch

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Privacy? What are you talking about? There is no privacy on this site. You should see the databases he has. And guess what... The government has complete, unrestricted access to them. Maybe you should read the terms of use and privacy statement. Then you would understand a little bit better....
    http://www.antionline.com/about.php?...ion=disclaimer
    http://www.antionline.com/about.php?s=&action=privacy
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Teufel: Maybe you're on the wrong site.

There is no privacy on the internet. It's only a myth, most isp's log everything you do. Anything unencrypted or using weak encryption is at the fingertips of millions of people.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Banned
    Sorry everyone... I was just trying to bring up the topic for those that were not aware. I really have no problem with them logging my information... as long as the site is not selling it or using it for any purpose that other than a legal one. It is all good!

I fail to see how that is an invasion of privacy as anything you upload for others to download is available to everybody anyways. Putting it in the profiles just makes to files easier to find and sets records. How is that information in any fashion an invasion of privacy? I fail to see how, the whole point of a forum is for everybody to talk, not to only let some people see some things. We are all here and we are all allowed to access every thing here (unless you have under 275 posts)

EDIT: And any repsonsible administrator logs the activity on his systems. To do otherwise would invite disaster. You have to make sure nothing illegal is going on and that you can't be held accountable. Just saying that I'm sure logs exist and of course they should exist.

If you want to be private dont post! as souleman said read the disclaimer. But how can you come to a public forum and claim you want privacy?? I fail to see the logic there.

P.S. the Matrix has you
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.