Thread: Anti-Point Thanks Memo

Banned

Anti-Point Thanks Memo

Dunno if this has been suggested or not before...

Thought that maybe, for those recieved ap that you "really" earned, have a link, similar to that for contact user about assignment, but as a send a thank you memo. There are some aps that I've recieved that I wouldn't mind sending a quick thanks for.

Just a thought I had...

The Iceman Cometh
    I like this idea. I have had quite a few as well. I have gotten quite a few very thoughtful and insightful comments with AP assignments, often without any reference to who sent them, and sending a "Thank you for your feedback" or something would be nice.

AJ

Old Fart
    I agree.....it would be nice to be able to say 'Thanks' every once in a while.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i dunno i think this will just be a option that will make my inbox more full like the "question about AP" lol id rather not have more reading 2 do then i want 2 do
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

i like the suggestion i have had some ap that i would like to thank ppl for but they dont leave there name *hey what if they are grey its the thought that counts*
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I like this idea as well. Maybe just add an autoresponder function that will send the AP giver a small message, kind of like our signature. this could be set by preference of the user, and changed when the need or want arrises.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Originally posted here by NetSyn
    lol id rather not have more reading 2 do then i want 2 do
    I would have to agree with NetSyn on this one. If there was such an option, it would be like a common courtisy to click on the button for every positive, and that may fill up a members box if he is active on the giving. Also, a majority of the users post their name at the end of the message, it usually these individuals that would like you to know who they are. Just pop them a PM w/ Thanx. Again, to implement a button, it would almost turn in to a mandatory to hit it and atleast say thank you.

Point.....

Also, a majority of the users post their name at the end of the message, it usually these individuals that would like you to know who they are. Just pop them a PM w/ Thanx. Again, to implement a button, it would almost turn in to a mandatory to hit it and atleast say thank you.

It sounded good at the time...Don't ya just hate it when yer bubble gets popped on an idea that you thought was going to pump up the ol AP meter...ROFL...
    It happens all too much to me.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    The only time someone should be thanked for antipoints is if they give them to you, but you don't actually deserve them. Any other time, you earned them, you shouldn't have to say thanks. Do you tell your company thanks everytime they give you a paycheck? If you earned the points, you deserve them, so there is no need to say thanks. Anyway, MOST people sign their positve antipoints, so look them up and send a pm. IT isn't that hard to do.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman