Thread: Cookies.....Cookies

Question Cookies.....Cookies

How does an end-user prevent a certain "cookie" from being put on one's hard drive?? At the end of the day, I always run Ad-Aware. I utilize IE6...with the privacy settings set on "HIGH"

In addition, this persistent "cookie" has been placed in the "Restricted Site" zone.
    Thank you in advance for any help/advice/suggestions!!

tons of fun

www.analogx.com and d/l cookiewall its pretty nice. also, you can customize IE to prompt you before you store a cookie, the same gose for NS and (i think) Opera. But cookie wall should help u out a lil bit.

tons of fun, cookies can be a "potential" for malicious code, but have never really seen any cookies that cause that much harm. Also, some cookies are beneficial for remembering your personal preferences on web sites you visit. If you really wanna get rid of your cookies, you can delete them from \WINDOWS\Cookies. Hope this helps.

in IE6 you can block all cookies or be prompted to accept cookies

tools/internet options/privacy/advanced/override automatic cookie handling/select your option
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

there used to be freeware, called AdSubtract, that could block cookies and allow selected cookies thru, etc, but i think you have to pay for it now.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Thanks......you all are helpful!!

I know now what I must do!!

tons of fun

What

yeah,
    question answered.
    in IE6 you can block all cookies or be prompted to accept cookies

tools/internet options/privacy/advanced/override automatic cookie handling/select your option.
    this solves your problem.

Bingo

Thank you again!!

I'm blocking those darned "persistent" cookies.....

tons of fun