W2K Service Pack 3

Thread: W2K Service Pack 3

W2K Service Pack 3

Well after much time and effort MS will be releasing Service pack 3 for Windows 2000. Oh boy will it be fun to see what is really needed and what things this pack will change to MS advantage. Read a bit about it here. http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-944292.html
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Banned
    good post palemoon. helpful link

Hm. I am pretty sure this will not be the last service pack for Win2k. How many service packs did NT4 have, six or seven? When I bought Win2k, it included service pack 2, so I guess that was a good thing.

The Iceman Cometh
    Does anyone know when it's actually coming out? I'm a Beta Tester for Microsoft and I've been updating my machines with the Betas, but they haven't given me any indication when the final release will be out (though, from my most recent e-mail, it sounds as if it'll be soon...)

AJ

NT 4.0 last one I applyed was 6a then went to W2K SP1 then 2. I am always happy they release them but unhappy about how they deal with security issues, like in Outlook rather then solve or remove scripting they banned a few file types, and forget about sending any link with Linux in it. Other little hooks all to MS all over the place I expect this one to hold hooks to MS as well. Will have to see what it's all about on the release and then testing.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

http://online.securityfocus.com/news/522

This article makes it sound like it will be atleast a couple more weeks.