Thread: nbtstat problem with windows XP

nbtstat problem with windows XP

I use windows XP professional (recently upgraded from Home ed.). On home edition, I was able to get nbtstat to work, although I don't remember exactly what I did, but I'm sure I did it in professional. However, professional still won't let me use nbtstat. I know for a fact my firewall is not to blame because I can turn it off and nbtstat still won't work.

my guess is it's a routing problem or something. I have NetBIOS enabled over TCP/IP for my internet connection, but I can't get nbtstat to work. any help would be greatly appreciated

-Nitro-

lol....

I am such an idiot...
    I was testing nbtstat by using it against my girlfriend's computer, and she failed to mention she blocked netbios (which she did just recently)...lol, thanks for your help anyway...

I learned my lession...how dumb is that lmao

-Nitro-

Banned
    Your welcome..... Try to search on google before you ask a question here

dont worry we all do stupid things

I do search google...all the time as a matter of fact. that's one reason I don't post questions here very often; I can find what I need on my own.

it's just that this nbtstat thing had me stumped....and in the end it wasn't even a nbtstat problem...I was just being an idiot for trying it against a blocked service.

-Nitro-

That was great ac1d.