WTC rebuilding plans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTC rebuilding plans

WTC rebuilding plans

Hello All,

I saw recently the unveiling of the plans for the WTC site, and I have to say that I am dissappointed to see that of the 6 plans, none of them include building the towers as they were, or at least close to it. The highest tower in any of the plans is 70 stories.
    To me this is sending a message to the terrorists that they have won, even if its a small victory. I think we should rebuild them just as tall as they were, otherwise we are sending a message that they can bend/break us.

I agree that this is strictly my opinion, and no one has to agree. But if you do, please post it here. I dont think that there is anything we can do to convince them to build them back the way they were, but it would be great if everyone voiced their opinion, that the powers that be would listen.

I wasnt sure if this belonged in cosmos, but it IS on my mind, and thats what the Chitchat forum's description says, so... hopefully I placed this in the right place, as to me it seems it would fit in either.

Avenger
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

i thought that they where gonna build bigger towers, to show that americans will never be beaten by terrorism, do u have the link for the site which has the outline for plans for the new WTC. anyways what ever they build i would support i just hope its fitting for all the innocent ppl that lost there lives.

yours 99 from a true BRIT who stands by his AMERICAN brothers

I cant seem to find the graphics of the proposed plans, but I found the news link

http://www.nandotimes.com/nation/sto...-3739949c.html

It was on MSNBC.com yesterday... If anyone knows where the examples are, please post?

Avenger
    Remember -

i dont think we get to see them yet. but i did find some intersting pictures of the smoke plume from space. its kind of sad, though.

for those who are interested, here is the link:
    http://www.nasa.gov/newsinfo/WTCplume.html
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Maybe there will be less storeys, but one storey will be 5 metres high.
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

ive seen the smoke plume in a book called ONE NATION its very upsetting to read but a great read at the same time worth a look if u get the chance. can be brought in most book shops in america i imagine got mine from www.amazon.com.

yours 99

Querty, there was a vote on MSNBC yesterday with them displayed.

UGH and waht is with that avatar???
    Remember -

I agree avenger, with your first post. I think that one of the most obvious ways that our country can stand up to this is if we overcome all aspects of the attack, and that includes this one.

By the way does anyone know what kind of building plans (if any) have been released about the Pentagon's reconstruction???
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/16/wtc...ans/index.html

midway through the page click on "extra information" and you'll get the six proposed plans. . .

midway through the page click on "extra information" and you'll get the six proposed plans. . .
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Old Fart
    Actually, the tallest is 86 stories. I am of the mindset that bigger is better on this, as long as a memorial is incorporated into the plan.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...