New computer crime law good or bad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New computer crime law good or bad?

Banned

New computer crime law good or bad?

As most of you probably know there is a knew law out there that can lead to a life in prison. Personally I think that if you plan on destroying things then its ok to have a heavier sentince but I mean come on life?

You should have turned this into a poll, you can see the percentage of opinions a little bit better. You could always delete this thread, and start a poll. However, I believe it is a bit severe. Then again some of these people are costing companies millions of dollars, that they will never get back. I'll have my answer after I find out what happens to these corrupt CEO's if they get off the hook, than the new law is BS...

Banned
    Well actually The power to my house was going bad. I was going to post more or like you said, turn it into a vote poll. I also screwed up another post but what you must remember is when peaple are stressed they don't think right only in my case I get neg.ed to. anyways here is the rest of what I wanted to post.

I think it is great that peaple are finally doing something about online crime and hopefully it will bring back the days when code was the only thing that mattered but unlike the days of the old school we will have better tools and security. However I would be willing to trade this dream of a better online world for a world where kids don't go to jail for life for just for mearly snooping. I mean that is just rought especially cosidering alot of sKIDDIES may not even hear of this law intil its to late. Just think of all the sKIDs watching that dumb DigiMon commercial and not knowing that cracking could have harsh life altering effects.

I only hope that peaple will wise up in time and stop cracking before this law hits them. Violence on TV useually has parental warnings and you can tell who and what is bad or good but this is something that is practicly encoraged through TV by makeing the cracker look like the goodguy and makeing FEDs look like badguys. Atleast in action movies its about deffending what is right and takeing down the badguy but like in the movie hackers they showed sKIDs how to make redboxes like some phreak/cracker training manual.

That is a great point- if the CEO's that were responsable for these scandles get off easy and this bill is turned into law, then there is a real problem.

I do believe that life in prison is an unjust punishment. Life imprisonment is far to severe for such a crime.

Are these new laws good answer is NO, but to understand their passage remember the house and senate do not allow laptops in chambers why cause it's just not done that way. These laws are from PAC money Corp money. All of this out here was funded researched and made to work with public money and now Corps want to take it all away because they want to take public domain into their corp profit. Only way it will change is to elect different people into office but then in most cases to even run for public office you need a few million, and those millions come from not people but corps in most cases. But voting is power slick ads do not sell me never have never will.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

i think life is harsh for computer crime

even if this stupid sentence come in does that really stop ppl in other countries attacking the US systems?
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Originally posted here by -=[JEBUS]=-
    i think life is harsh for computer crime
    Life for cracking you girlfriends e-mail address, becuase you think she's cheating is a bit severe, but shutting down a company and making them lose 4 billion dollars. I say... See you in another life time buddy....

Originally posted here by Joey_Batch_File

Life for cracking you girlfriends e-mail address, becuase you think she's cheating is a bit severe, but shutting down a company and making them lose 4 billion dollars. I say... See you in another life time buddy....

Would you get the same life sentence for stealing that 4 billion, or by making false claims that impact the company to loose just as much money. Maybe those examples aren't the strongest, but would any crime not involving a computer that has just as much impact recieve an equal or greater sentance.

I don't really see why penalties of computer crime should far outweight those of the 'real world.'

...........even if this stupid sentence come in does that really stop ppl in other countries attacking the US systems?

.........Great point........Hell no it wont.......It'll make em laugh harder....