Thread: Linux MTA antivirus

Question Linux MTA antivirus

Hello,
    recently our company has grown a lot and we have moved from 7-8 people to about 20. Virii are becoming an issue (we would actually like to avoid them!).
    I am looking for a reliable antivirus for linux to be run with the sendmail so that emails will be checked before they get to the clients. That is what we consider the main path for viruses inside our company.

Any idea? We tested amavis without much luck. I downloaded the trial version of kaspersky's antivirus, but the trial version only scans files and cannot be attached to the sendmail. I'm waiting for an e-mail from their local dealer who should be able to give me a complete version to test. Any other idea? I saw F-prot's, but it needs a win machine and I have to share access to my mail server, that way it will be attackable by hackers. I would like to avoid this option.

Is McAfee selling such software? I could not find it.

thank you, Andrea

Go for Trend Micro Inter Scan Virus Wall, it's quiet good and effective.

Amit

The best for sendmail and qmail is RAV, it's extreme fast and reliable, also it's got the best stopping mech, using her, sig, everytinhgs.

www.ravantivirus.com
    Unix, Network Security Engineer

My workmate tested RAV on his workstation (he's running linux and our central sendmail forwards emails to his local mailserver) and it NEVER detected any virii.

Is RAV updated regularly? Maybe he didn't install the latest updates and it missed the most recente virii? (I'm sure he's getting some because he's getting a lot of the webmaster@site.com spam)

Thanks again