Thread: Modem Drivers for mandrake8.2

er0k

Modem Drivers for mandrake8.2

I have an hsflinmodem-4.02.02.01 or something *winmodem* but it can be installed. Not by me so far. I've tried installing it .rpm and .tar.gz Neither will work. I know the problem, my kernel wasn't compiled correctly during installation, but i re-installed linux, and still couldn't get the drivers working. If anyone has any ideas..

i know this should be in general chit chat, but i think that having internet is a security issue and if i have internet, i will have to be secure. Only joking, anyway.. im sure some of you have had this problem b4.

Banned
    Hmmmm, What errors does it give you?
    Does it give you any errors at all?
    Is the modems IRQ, COM port, etc. set up correctly?

PM me the details, ill try to help out

Hey man say what modem you use maybe I can help. I'm using those drivers and my modem works very well.

P.S.I'm using Conexant/Rockwell Data, Fax, Speakerphone modem. It's I guess 127a:1025.
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

er0k
    uidzero: i did say what modem i am using

ill find out the errors and get back to you alex.

er0k: say exact model.

I remember on my RedHat 7.2 later on 7.3 I had to recompile my kernel manually to force my modem work. With default kernel compiled at installation these drivers don't work I think.

Warning! Some 127a:1025/2005 modems might be HCF not HSF.

And get newer drivers at http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/. And you might need a tool to know what model you have. Get it here: http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/modemident.html
    \"Chinese proverb\"

er0k
    thanks for the stuff, and im pretty sure mine is HSF. again, ill get back to you alex. as soon as i get to that other machine.

er0k
    here i will show you all the errors that way someone else can help if they can.

Check it out, a tut by one of our members on this kind of thing. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229021

It was written by tyger_claw.
    Check out the tuts sections and previous threads..

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Where is the directory of C header files that match your running kernel?
    [/lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/build]
    Problems with this path. U must point to your kernel source directory (/usr/src/lin...).

Here winmodems tuts will not help. This is exceptional case. Ask me for more info if something goes wrong I'm using Conexant HSF modem and I had the same problems, but now it's working. And download newer drivers from www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

er0k
    thanks alot uidzero, ill try that sometime.