Thread: CCNA! usefull????

CCNA! usefull????

I am interested in network and security. someone suggested me to take CCNA. is that usefull and necessory? will CCNA be helpfull to find a job? anyone has suggestion?
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Anytime you can get a certification from a major supplier in the field you are in, it will help on the job search, and it can help you in what you are paid as well.

Neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Nebulus is right, any certification will help when getting a job. I took half the CCNA course through my high school and found it very helpful for networking, I can handle lan's with no problem now and understand a lot more about wan's. I don't know how far you want to go with the certifications but cisco also offers a ccnp, it's basically the same couse as the ccna with another 4 sections added on. And it doesn't take long to do the sections if you're not full time into school, i took 2 semesters in 1 while going to high school, my uncle took 4 semesters in 1 when it was the only thing he was working on.
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you

Definitely go for it. In order to even get your foot in the door, you have to get noticed. HR people don't know **** about computers, and often times have checklists to separate resumes into "not worth it" and "possible candidate". Having even one cert will go a long way. And CCNA is one of the bette ones to get, after MCSE, in order to impress hiring staff. Go for it -- the course work is straightforward and web based. I don't know about the test yet, but it's harder than the course, that much I do know. But it's worth every last cent for it.
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

If they are going into the network/security field, MCSE would be one of the last things I would do, I would recommend a CCNA cert and/or CCNP and/or GIAC. Once you get things like that out of the way something like a MCSE or a OS type certification would probably help as well...But the biggest kind of a requirement or resume booster would be something like the CCNA...

Neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Must admit that was something I was thinking about asking myself.. Thanx badapple.

to get the cisco security cert you have to get CCNA first....thats what im doin.