Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time without restart/shutdown

Question Time without restart/shutdown

Just wondering, what's the longest you've ever had your pc on for without a restart or a shutdown?
    I think mine must have been about 36 hours, that's not very long compared to what you guys have I suppose?

-Prankster

PS : I would do a poll, but it's more interesting with comments etc.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

I've had mine up for several weeks without a restart or a shutdown. If I had to give an exact figure, probably 20 days. And to boot, the machine is running Win98!
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

You may also want to view the previous thread on this topic: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ghlight=uptime

I have been shutting my PC down every night recently. They raise the the electricity bill .05 on the nights everyone is running their AC... or at least my power company does.

my win2k server has been up since 4:18pm jun18 2002 due to a hardware upgrade......prior to that it was up for about 5 months...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

He asked about desktop PC's not about servers.

About 48 hours (Linux).
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

the computer at my work stays on for most the year this is only shut down for when upgrades are done and a reboot is required. this is just a everyday base station not a server.
    some times this machine goes 5 or 6 months with out a reboot.

yours robbie99

My linux box has been up for 120 days, but I have to move it this weekend so it will get shutdown.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

My longest run with W2K Pro has been 28 days, took it down to add some memory.
    Be comforted that in the face of all erridity and disallusionment, and despite the changing fortunes of time, there is always a big future in computer maintainance. - National Lampoon - Deteriorata\"

Banned
    I have currently been up and running for 36 Hours. I guess that is nothing to be too proud over.

Workstation : OS = FreeBSD 4.6-stable, Uptime = 5days, 12hrs, 11min (time since last cvsup and rebuild of kernel and userland =P)
    Firewall/Router : OS = FreeBSD 4.2-stable, uptime = 28days, 22hrs, 33min (my last power outage and I neglected to ensure the UPS was still good :-/ )

edit :
    prior to my power outage, the Firewall/Router had been up for 9 months, 6days and some odd hours... Still kicking myself for not ensuring the UPS was operational.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"