and to think i cant get a job....

Thread: and to think i cant get a job....

and to think i cant get a job....

Total number of virus attacks reported around the world in Q4 2000. (Internet Security Systems)

25 percent
    Estimated percentage of major corporations in the Pacific Rim that have no virus protection for their computer systems. (IDC Asia/Pacific)

7 percent
    Portion of annual revenue lost to security gaps in corporate information systems, according to a study of 3,000 companies. (Omni Consulting)

$1 billion
    Projected worldwide revenues for intrusion detection and vulnerability assessment products in 2003. Between 1999 and 2004, the market is projected to grow by 34 percent CAGR. (IDC)

$16.66 per person
    Average per-annum funding for each federal law enforcement agent to fight cybercrime, based on a current budget of $10 million and staffing level of 600,000 agents.

Approximate number of vulnerabilities added each month to Mitre's Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) list. Some 1,077 common names have been agreed upon, while another 746 candidate names have been proposed. (Mitre)

keep in mind these are OLD numbers too. thousands of computers get on the net each month.

scarry isn't it.

Hi mom!
    1,103 reports that according to Pine Internet, 1 out of every 36 mails contained a virus. (july 20th, 2002)
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Old Fart
    Gates needs to hire all these virus authors and give them a job security testing windows code, take some of that extra time off their hands.
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...