Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cd burning software for Linux

cd burning software for Linux

Hello,
    I've been burning cd's with Linux but its a lame and slow process. I was wondering if anyone knew of a smooth cd-burning software for Linux. I've tried Gcombust but it leaves a little to be desired. I really dig Nero for windows and if anyone has one they've used and really like and enjoy--not just one that works, then please lemme know what you use.

Cachinga

I'm using Gnome Toaster (!!! for Gnome) and X-Cd-Roast. Hehe just looked at Freshmeat and saw GNU-CD-Writer another CD burning program. I'll take a look at it.

And allways (I recommend daily) search freshmeat.net for Linux software before asking. If it's not there - it's not exists.

P.S.
    I've been burning cd's with Linux but its a lame and slow process
    It's lame on windows not on linux. Even total moron can Burn CD's with nero. It's not lame it's just harder a bit for windows user.
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

er0k
    KonCD works great cachinga, i use it. its a kde application.

Originally posted here by uid(zer0)
    I'm using Gnome Toaster (!!! for Gnome) and X-Cd-Roast. Hehe just looked at Freshmeat and saw GNU-CD-Writer another CD burning program. I'll take a look at it.

And allways (I recommend daily) search freshmeat.net for Linux software before asking. If it's not there - it's not exists.

P.S.

It's lame on windows not on linux. Even total moron can Burn CD's with nero. It's not lame it's just harder a bit for windows user.

Its not that its harder for me, you greatly misunderstood or straight up didn't read my post, I am just lazy and time constrained and wanted someone who HAS used a GOOD burning software to let me know. "it harder a bit for windows user"

I meant specifically that Gcompress is homo and yes it is quite a bit slower and lamer than Nero and yes I do have a seperate Linux box that I would prefer to do my burning on, thus my post.

Yes I know about Freshmeat, and yes I know how to search for software, and yes I found different packages, but as I mentioned before I am too lazy and busy to go and compile 10 programs to see which one is best. That's why I posted, not because I am to inept "just harder a bit for windows user".

I would like to thank you, however, for your, ever so dilligent search on Freshmeat to find me one software package...that you haven't used. WOW!! And what's that you say, you use the one that is part of Gnome, WOW!!, that must have been hard to install WOW!! I couldnt find that one. WOW!!. WOW!!

Thank you also for my new saying of the week, If It not there it not exists.

I use X-cdroast- I don't find it a lame or find it a long process

Originally posted here by cachinga
    Its not that its harder for me, you greatly misunderstood or straight up didn't read my post, I am just lazy and time constrained and wanted someone who HAS used a GOOD burning software to let me know. "it harder a bit for windows user"

I meant specifically that Gcompress is homo and yes it is quite a bit slower and lamer than Nero and yes I do have a seperate Linux box that I would prefer to do my burning on, thus my post.

I would like to thank you, however, for your, ever so dilligent search on Freshmeat to find me one software package...that you haven't used. WOW!! And what's that you say, you use the one that is part of Gnome, WOW!!, that must have been hard to install WOW!! I couldnt find that one. WOW!!. WOW!!
    $ man cdrecord

Holy ****, Look at all of that info! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!.... You don't need a frontend to burn cds. This is as good as it gets. If you don't like it, go use windows, or write your own frontend. Smart ass...

--Sudo

Originally posted here by Sudo

$ man cdrecord

Holy ****, Look at all of that info! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!.... You don't need a frontend to burn cds. This is as good as it gets. If you don't like it, go use windows, or write your own frontend. Smart ass...

--Sudo

Don't take me the wrong way, I was molested by an Emu and his buddy the Llama when I was a child so I have smartass tendencies.

http://www.webcom.com/~degraham/Up_Close.html

I kid, I kid, I kid, because I love. -Apu Nahasapeemapetalum

I know how to burn cd's from the command line, I just need the quickest and easiest way on linux, for the ease of use, not because I can't figure it out. I know its not that slow and I know its not that hard but it could be easier and quicker than command line.

All I was trying to say was: Say I'm on my way out the door to go do whatever, and I need some music to qo with me to do the aformentioned "whatever" I just want to drag and drop a few files and be on my way in 10 min because I am never on time. I prefer my linux box and just thought I'd ask one simple question that I could get several different opinions on, that's all being a smartass is just a consequence of my being so ugly :-)

Just one simple question.

Why are you so furious cachinga ?! I said it with no offence.

Peace bro.
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

ok, ok, folks, I'm not furious, im not even bothered, I'm just weary now. Peeps are just taking me the wrong way. I've been giggling over my bong, and even Mr Bong thinks this is all too funny. If you look by my mood it shows that I'm just bored not vexed.

I won't ask any more questions and I won't be a smartass.

An honest appology goes out to anyone that took my posts the wrong way, you've sent me back to antipoint starting point, perhaps even in the negative, you've made your point.

Genuine thanks for those who tried to help without being preternaturally hypersensitive.

Now

Can't we all just get along --Rodney King

cachinga

Banned
    You spelled Apus name wrong bitch!!!!!!!