Thread: Addicts forum?

Addicts forum?

This will no doubt reek of newbie hubris, but I wonder if someone would mind explaining why the addicts forum can't even be read until one has 275 posts under one's belt? I am no guru, just someone who recognises this place as a great learning resource, and I would love to be able to eavesdrop on the musings of the true tech-gods. If the addicts forum were strictly read-only prior to 275 posts, would that not prevent it being cluttered up with inane drivel, such as I might post, while still making available the accumulated wisdom of those qualified to post there? I don't want this to sound whiney or ungrateful, but I am curious, and I love extending myself by reading stuff thatgoes well beyond my current understanding.

Dunno. I had originally proposed the forum as a sort of safe-haven from the ravages of purposely-annoying users, thinking I could boot people out of it if there was trouble, but instead JP set up a sort of seniority-ish system for it. No particular reason, and it's either dead or full of just silly stuff anyway

At least... that's what THEY want you to think! Er... What I want you to...er... hmmmmm. Damn, I'm part of the conspiracy now, woot.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Terr you really let down alot of peoples hopes by saying that. Some of us see all the giberish posted here, and we think all the brain bending challeges are in the addicts forum. I would personally rather ask a tough question in a room full of the experts rather than an open forum. It would cut down on alot of un-needed posts. So be honest, is the addicts forum where most of the brain-busters get posted?

Banned
    lol you will be in a shock when u get their its all i can say
    rioter

Originally posted here by Joey_Batch_File
    So be honest, is the addicts forum where most of the brain-busters get posted?

Originally posted here by Terr
    Dunno. I had originally proposed the forum as a sort of safe-haven from the ravages of purposely-annoying users, thinking I could boot people out of it if there was trouble, but instead JP set up a sort of seniority-ish system for it. No particular reason, and it's either dead or full of just silly stuff anyway

At least... that's what THEY want you to think! Er... What I want you to...er... hmmmmm. Damn, I'm part of the conspiracy now, woot.

Thanks - a reply both informative and amusing.

Do not look at the man behind the curtain... ignore the man behind the curtain. ;-)

As rioter said, you might be "surprised" once you get back there. ROFL

But I like the idea of an area that's only "postable" by people over a certain level while others can still maintain read access (though I might be afraid that some skiddie would get a hold of it and start breaking threads out to other forums, possibly confusing things a bit)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

newbie hubris
    What the hell does that mean?!? No...I'm j/k.

I'm going to have to go along with rioter...I think you'll be a little surprised by the Addicts Forum.

/me gets back into her chair after falling off of it laughing.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.