Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avila killed Samantha Runnion...

Avila killed Samantha Runnion...

I just saw on the news that they found Alejandro Avila and are almost certain that he was the person who raped/killed Samantha Runnion. I just figured I should tell you all this. What do you think should be done to this bastard? I hope Jo-Jo in prison packs him so hard his brains come out his ears... stupid ****.

they found Alejandro Avila and are almost certain that he was the person who raped/killed Samantha Runnion.
    Actually that's a little further than they're going right now......

Orange County Sheriff Michael Carona said Avila was taken into custody at 9:55 a.m. PT (12:55 p.m. ET), but he emphasized that the arrest "in no way concludes this investigation." He said Avila was "just one of several we've been looking at."
    The rest of the story is here......

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/19/gir...ted/index.html

Conf1rm3d K1ll, please don't kill me cause it's CNN....LOL!!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

debwalin: On the thing on tv just now, that sheriff guy said "there's almost no doubt in my mind that this suspect is who we're looking for." I didn't get it from an article, I got it off of TV, so as far as I'm concerned it's not going a little too far.

BTW, if there seems to be hostility from me, it's just cuz this sick crap really pisses me off. I can't believe people would have it in their so-called heart to do something so mean and harsh.

Who is Samantha Runnion and Alejandro Avila?
    Give man a fish and he will ask for more.
    Teach man to fish and he will never ask again.
    \"Chinese proverb\"

uid: Deb posted a story link... read it.

Old Fart
    This world has waaaaay too many sickos. If the guy is guilty, I hope they castrate him and serve it as his last meal before they kill him. Seriously though, as a child molester/murderer he will be the scum of the inmate population and will be an easy target for a shiv, which would end up saving the taxpayers a bundle. I feel no pity for those such as he.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I will await results offically announced to the media from professional people on the case not media speculation I'm to old to by into media hype for ratings. If this is in fact the person the case and what is collected will put him away. His life span will not be long but then in such high profile case he will in fact not be in the general inmate popultation andwill spend years in appeals. The person that killed this child is in fact very sick and his right to live should be revoked by this thing we call the human race. Me though I am a bit touchy over thing my eldest son a man in his own right was shot and wounded but lived my feeling for the person that almost took my sons life away should be the same result removed by death. No man or woman in this country should be assulted going into or taken away from where they live. My sons case is lost on a desk at LAPD was not high enough profile for the news just another mugging.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Originally posted here by jehnx
    debwalin: On the thing on tv just now, that sheriff guy said "there's almost no doubt in my mind that this suspect is who we're looking for." I didn't get it from an article, I got it off of TV, so as far as I'm concerned it's not going a little too far darling.

BTW, if there seems to be hostility from me, it's just cuz this sick crap really pisses me off. I can't believe people would have it in their so-called heart to do something so mean and harsh.
    Originally posted here by jehnx
    uid: Deb posted a story link... read it.

With all due respect, I think we went through this a few weeks ago but there is something in this country called "Innocent until proven guilty." I understand that this sort of thing upsets you and/or pisses you off - and I don't, for one second, blame you or think I could even say anything approaching "you're wrong" (probably 'cause you're not). Whoever did this was indeed one sick and twisted individual and should be made to pay for it.

<devil's advocate>
    I'm sure there are lots of parts of the case that we don't know... perhaps this guy has a solid aliby (sp?). I'm sure that the officers are probably equally infuriated over this situation and, in any case, want someone to be found guilty of it so everyone can sleep just a little bit easier... but perhaps in all the emotion they've made a poor assumption and perhaps picked up the wrong guy. In any case, we don't know that... the press certainly loves to senationalize news like this, especially given the "level of the crime," so to speak.
    </devil's advocate>

But, in any case, I'm a little "taken aback" by any officer of the law that's bold enough to convict someone before they actually have their day in court, I guess. (no, no - I'm not saying he's wrong - perhaps I'm just a little biased, but the whole tendancy of certain officers to be "judge and jury" is, well... distressing)

Thanks much for the news... nice to see they think they've gotten a suspect off the streets, though.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

I feel for you PM. I have a job working with kids and if any sick bastard did that to any one of them ( even the ones that live to piss me off) I think that I would personally hunt the fucl<er down. With kids being our most valuable resource we should be extra careful with them. It kinda reminds me of "minority report".
    sorry

Originally posted here by debwalin

Actually that's a little further than they're going right now......

Orange County Sheriff Michael Carona said Avila was taken into custody at 9:55 a.m. PT (12:55 p.m. ET), but he emphasized that the arrest "in no way concludes this investigation." He said Avila was "just one of several we've been looking at."

Seems they've updated that thought a bit since you posted:

July 19, 2002 Posted: 10:27 PM EDT (0227 GMT)

STANTON, California (CNN) -- Authorities late Friday confirmed that Alejandro Avila, 27, has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 5-year-old Samantha Runnion, who was snatched in front of her home while she played with a friend earlier this week.

"I am 100 percent certain that Mr. Avila is the man who kidnapped and murdered Samantha Runnion," said Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona.

[...]
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"