Games Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games Problem

Games Problem

ive just got a new box, this is running XP home OS, i have a problem with the running of games software, these all ran on my old box ok. they install, but when i go to play them i do get a response ie the egg timer appears but then nothing happens. any suggestions? most appreciated.i really wanna play on simcity3000!!

thanx 99

Try compatability mode for XP, right click the program and choose the run program as option. . .or check the website for the game and look for patches for XP.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

GreekGoddess
    Simcity 3000 works great for me on XP.
    You might have to reconfigure your video card settings.

Usually Active X'll throw you an error if it's the vid config, though. . .something like, res. not supported, or no monitor found. . .or you'll just get lots a squiggly lines. . .

ive tried compatibility change in xp no look, so ive tried loading up some more games and have the same problem. ive been to windows site for patches and there was no joy there, then by accident i came across eidos games website, on the web site it says that a lot of games cannot be gauranteed to work in xp, this is because they where made for use with windows 95/98.....

any more ideas people

I sure don't. . .I think those are the only real options a person has, either running it in compatability mode or downloading patches from the respective game producers. . .the MS site won't have any though, they only care about the games they put out. Only hope left is to email tech at the games website and ask when an XP patch will be available. . .or sometimes, I don't know why, but unistalling and then reinstalling might work, which might work for you since GG said that her Simcity works just fine w/ XP.

GreekGoddess
    You might try looking here:
    http://www.myshipmates.net/xpsc/guestbook.asp

Maybe XP isn't the problem, but the requirements needed other than XP that's causing your games not to run. Check the game for minimum requirements and compare them to what you're using now. If the compatibility wizard didn't work for you, I'm not really sure what to tell you, as I didn't even have to run that to get the same game working on XP Home.

Hmmm...

I also play SIM City 3000. It works on my XP. Are you using a Virtual CD? It won't work if you're using a Virtual CD.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

my system meets all the minimum requirements 240 Mb RAM, AMD athlon XP 1900+ 1.60GHZ processor. this has got me baffeled, the games seem to setup ok but after that there is nothing!!!! all my games are originals so !!! and ive tried reloading them on a couple of times after uninstalling them.

You could always dual boot 95/98 with xp and run the games under 95/98. . .