Hackers Beware
    Cyperpunk
    If i could i'd buy them all, but unfortunatly i dont have enough money,
    So which book do you think is the best or would you recommend,
    Maby you know some other book that you like too,
    Thanks in advance

Encrypted
    I\'ll sleap when i\'m dead

The Hacker's Exposed series is pretty informative. . .a good book on TCP/IP wouldn't hurt either. . .
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

``Hacking`` Books are sometimes very general and basic. It's best off getting books on protocols, administration, programming, encryption...
    A good book is The Cathedral and the Bazaar by Eric Raymod.

I agree with Jethro. Reading books like these will most likely leave you with more questions than answers (a good thing?)

What exactly are you trying to learn?

--Sudo

I've been reading maximum security, so far so good. Yes hacking books give you a vague overview but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it helps to look at the big picture before diving head first into TCP/IP and programming.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I've never read hackeing books but I've heared That hacking books have just some social engineering techniques, is that right?
    But if you don't have enough money, like me, Then you can read some books which are available online for free.

And if you check the index, you'll see antionline.com on a good percentage of them.
    Viper

Well thanks for all the reply´s.
    What i want to learn is mostly (for now) checking systems for vulnerabilities, and how to exploit them, i know a book like Hacking Exposed is General knowledge, and thats great for me, after i´ve learned the basics i´ll go search for some books on specific subjects, but first learn all the general stuff then i go learn more from specific stuff that i like.
    And Jethro; i checked that book on amazon.com, is it a book that explains various things ( it gives you knowledge) is it a story or something like The Manifesto (but then in a whole book explained), someone in a review said; ´because it explains why people are willing to volunteer their time and talents to improve open source code´,
    Anyway what specific things can you learn from The Cathedral and the Bazaar?

Encrypted
    I\'ll sleap when i\'m dead

And Jethro; i checked that book on amazon.com, is it a book that explains various things ( it gives you knowledge) is it a story or something like The Manifesto (but then in a whole book explained), someone in a review said; ´because it explains why people are willing to volunteer their time and talents to improve open source code´,
    Anyway what specific things can you learn from The Cathedral and the Bazaar?
    It's basically about the history of the open source revolution. It's a brilliant book.