Thread: Surfing gone mad

Surfing gone mad

Have any of you had this problem while surfing the web with multiple browsers open (WINXP):

Your surfing the web right? And then one browser finished the page load. You click over and start viewing. Then the other browser window which has finished a picture load (1 of many) and takes over as being the active browser window. You click over to the already finished window and then it switches over again for the same reason. Anything like that happen to you?
    Viper

Yeh, it happens when you use IE. Doesn't matter the OS, in my experience.

it get's rather annoying at times.
    Viper

I use XP, but find that only happens when both windows are up. I find it helps if you minimize the one you're not looking at. Hope that helps
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

yeah happens to me sometimes, especailly wheni got about 30 windows open =( heh.
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

Old Fart
    Give Mozilla ( www.mozilla.org ) a try. Its 'tabbed browsing' feature works great, allowing you to view multiple pages in one browser, not multiple versions of the browser. Add to that the lack of support for pop-up adds and Mozilla becomes quite appealing
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I'd say give Opera a try, it comes ported for a few different OS'es and that problem never happens to me in opera, though I prefer mozilla.

www.opera.com

Download Power Tools for Xp. One of it's many features is that it stops windows from stealing focus...You can get it here. Enjoy...