Thread: Norton

Norton

about Norton Personal Firewall...I found that stuff make some mistakes...before few days i had abouth 200 attacks for few hours only....i blocked remote systems,and put them on list....but one of attackers always come back...now,very often i see norton dialog window,with text which doesn`t determine which sistem try to conect mine(no name,no alert track...,just option "block recomeded")...What is that?I`m new here...and my question is what you recomend(firewalls),my os is 2000 Prof....If I put some other Firewall,and use other Norton utilities,could be or not some figting between different stuffs? Hello to everyone here!

i would reccomend agitum outpost firewall u can get it here http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost . its quite easy to configure to
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Patch up your 2000 at (windowsupdate.microsoft.com) and get Outpost or Zonealarm(www.zonelabs.com).

or sygate at www.sygate.com works fine for me, nortons i find tends to be problematic if your still gettin the attack trace it back and send the server administrator a email with the attack info and the ip address assigned

good look 99

I'm not a big Norton-anything fan (although SARC is awesome).

Several years ago, I bought a Norton product called PC Tools. Thinking I was being a wonderful "caregiver" to my system, I installed and ran this little program. It locked up my system tight. So, I called tech support and the ONLY thing I could do to get my system back was reformat.

Yes... I did ask for the manager of the technical group and his opinion was the same. If I recall, the problem was that my system was a PII and PC Tools hadn't been configured for the new chipset :-(

Norton Ghost, however, has been a great product for me.

Old Fart
    I've been running Zone Alarm and Norton Utilities both with no difficulties (WinXP). Choosing a firewall other than Nortons should give you no trouble if your OS is up to date on patches.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...