Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webpage source encrypted?

Red face webpage source encrypted?

today i was surfing the web and i found a cool web, then i wanted to read its source, but the source turned out to be like this:

" FWSq5 p  ú  Cÿÿÿ?   ¿  uϦ=fZi° YYY ÿf™ ™f3 ÿ™Ì ÿÌÌ 0¤@ºÝ ß1‰t
    ’X…â.¤`#¯|–wùX9yèRFUH•@é§1)®hXì,kè®é6zåçÊ¢ëļQpMgÈîã-vŽÉt3ElÜÈ
    ,ñ•DMFC`¼±MÂ#4a P-7„ ÝÿÝM?ý6§IÑ4a*…¾I6š÷ >ÆŒîÃé)9ú•M*jŽÉªzª**f*®Þ6óõ’q½PÅd¡–Ù«vE1#YüRƒ_M9©”yS÷çfê™:QøG*:”´!6¡‘<U„Éð€  ```  ««« eee µµµ ___  YYY ¤¤¤ aaa œœœ ??? uuu ÀÀÀ §§§ 000 ¿¿¿ ßßß ccc ©©© ÏÏÏ  [[[ P„ƒA¡ãÃAAŸöã~þÚ*-6‡D|OY)\æ6¢ö?1nRøƒÑ²f«K…¼ò(€ÓÚ3äÜÍ?Õ¸®ðë¥@„žãÃAAJ:ñèi
    Á £fì@@iúÊ{mCŸ¾Ävͺ€z
    ÆÝÒÒN#4ùÓ9ì!Øï¾’PJ¦Ô!£fÍ€*а hÙ³`!éñ²÷E\J´êñ'ïÁÄ6…›MM€á¼!ô,܈XÀ¯lðP*гbÀCÓ65Ú+õ]±^÷"ñj¼ÑPCl¨h¨!t„¤ÁˆÂuᢠ…˜ˆCÑOÊm•
    =AòÀ¨zX´£ÂìЃ *ØPÐPB*b"

i wonder if it is encrypted and is there a way i can read it? thx every one...

That's Encrypted man.

can you tell as the address?

naah...it's just m$ frontpage output...

it's probably a javascript encryption scheme...

Google... encrypted html source. Results 1 - 10 of about 238,000. Search took 0.35 seconds.

lots of info there...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Like despot said: Can we have the url!?

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/...mpositedoc.xml

Take a look at windows script encoder. I got it to work once before, not sure if the output was the same as what you pasted.

There is a way to hide the source, but it's more stenagraphy then encryption. It's just subsituting characters for their %n counterpart. [space] = %20...etc

Jethro is correct; in order for a webpage to resolve the browser has to be able to read it and encryption does not lend itself to that task. You can, however, substitute (cryptogram) ansi's for instance, .... &#111; &#107; &#191; (that might not work here, but you get the idea...)
    Hey, it did work here, but you'll have to read the backside of the page to see how.

this isn't encrypted it's a <omit>shockwave</omit> flash movie.
    -droby10

thx for all the replies, guys. i am sorry i forget the URL to that page, it seems the source code is indeed encrypted to prevent people from taking it and use it in their own sites.