Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus Dials 911

Virus Dials 911

i've never heard of this virus. I was watching techlive today and they past a news about a virus that dials 911. It is a virus that when you open it , it dials 911 and in a few minutes police would be on your front door.
    I dont know about you guys but ive never heard and didnt know it would exist that a virus would dial 911, that is some weird stuff.

Weird eh?

For more info on this go to: http://www.techtv.com/news/security/...392631,00.html
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

The Iceman Cometh
    Honestly, making a virus like that wouldn't be all that difficult. I'm curious, however, how the creator got the information necessary about WebTV/MSNTV in order to only affect that machine. As far as I know, it's not all that easy to write a program or a script that will affect the WebTV, since it's a pretty proprietary operating system. Nice find, though!

AJ

its been aroud for a few years
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

hhhmmmmmmmmm i didnt know that but what its really interesting is that how the creator got the information necessary about WebTV/MSNTV ! That is some really kool stuff!
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Banned
    There is also another virus, that makes a long-distance call to Greece. Viruses can be so nasty.

hmm?? so the virus thells the cops were u live?? i've got to say thats a smart virus!

well,
    i see, as Gurl said/. virus can be so nasty!!

Bingo!!

that`s an interesting virus it just goes to show that viruses are getting more complex and more powerfull in there destructive nature each day
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Originally posted here by balian0
    hmm?? so the virus thells the cops were u live?? i've got to say thats a smart virus!
    That would be a negative Bal. Once a call is connected to 911 dispatch it can be traced. This is in case an emegency call gets cut off or if the person is incapable of giving this information to police. Each state has a 911 dispatch office of operators that can rely the information to your town police. I had seen a program on their computer systems and relay systems. Did you know a class one call will be responded to in 3-5 minutes, and a class two can be anywhere from 15-20.... hmmmm

Thumbs up

Thank you for clearing that up Joey_ I was just about to comment on that when I saw your post. I do find it funny though that the virus affects only WebTV/MSNTV. Is there even anti-virus software for those machines?