Thread: Is it OK to ask a question twice?

Is it OK to ask a question twice?

If I have asked a question that has not received any responses at all after threee or four days, is it acceptable etiquette here to bring the thread back up? If so, how long would be considered an appropriate period of time to wait?

There is the "Bumb Up!" button in the thread for that purpose. Always good to put a short explanation of why you bumped it up, ie "never got an answer the first time through, perhaps someone new has something that may help?"..

regards
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

I would suggest using the Bump Up! feature... This will bring the thread back to the Home Page, and someone will notice your question. What is the thread or question you are inquiring about?

The Iceman Cometh
    I agree with chefer and Joey. If you start a new thread, people are simply going to neg you and say that you already asked the same question, citing your original thread. I had that problem a few times when I posted late in the evening and by the morning, a lot of other people had started their own posts, knocking mine off of the main page, but barely anyone had actually viewed the profile, especially some of the senior members who I wanted advice from. As they said, ust the "Bump Up!" button to bring it back to the top. I would only recommend doing this if you need responses and you feel that the post hasn't gotten enough exposure... don't just do it to try to keep it on top.

AJ

I generally use the Bump Up button for tutorials, but if you have a question that needs answering, go right ahead and use it! You can bump up every 5 hours so it can be a big help. Try to bump up when there are loads of members on.

Thank you all. The question was one seeking advice and opinions, so it wasn't one for which an answer could be googled. I shall try bumping it up, just once

Banned
    Can someone point out how Post #2 & Post #3 are different? I see this alot and I wanted to comment on it. They are the same exact answer, made at the same exact time. However, they are different. How?

The Iceman Cometh
    Fakeboy, basically, they both responded to the thread at the same time and did not see each other's posts until they had already posted their own. It happens quite a bit, especially on "hot" topics, where, while one person's in the process of still reading the original post, people are already responding to it. By the time he/she goes to post a reply, there have already been a series of posts made without their knowledge.

AJ