Thread: Routers???????????????????????

Routers???????????????????????

Hi everyone!

What i have noticed on this site is that many of you know alot about securety and stuff. just wundering if there is a dsl router that support som kind off pnp thingi. So that you can use the voice chat in msn messenger.

A thing i have noticed is that no firewall at all works with msn voice chat. That stinks.

Please help???
    buble

The Iceman Cometh
    What's your budget? And what other needs do you have for the router (i.e. how many computers do you have, what sort of NICs do they have, etc.)? Is MSN Voice Chat the only service that you think you're going to have problems with?

AJ

i have a quite good budget, and its only for my two home computers, i wish there was another moore cheeper way. and i think that i will only be using msn yes.

EH
    buble

The Iceman Cometh
    As far as I know, the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router w/ 4-port Switch will allow you to use MSN Chat. It doesn't block any outgoing traffic, and if you need to specifically open a port to receive the messages, you can easily do so through the web-based interface.

AJ

hi

thank allot, but the thing is where i can find this here in sweden.

hi

thank allot, but the thing is where i can find this here in sweden.
    buble

The Iceman Cometh
    I know Provantage ships internationally. You can find the Linksys EtherFast router HERE, and some information about international orders HERE. Also, if you want more options for Linksys Routers, simply go to the main page and enter "Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL" into the search box, and you will receive a series of hits.

AJ

TechieChick
    The linksys router also makes forwarding very simple.

Log into the router, go to advanced then forwarding and you can configure as needed. Typically with the linksys it will allow anything initiated on your side, it's incoming you want to forward..say a webcam for instance.

thanks very much for this great tip
    buble