Thread: I need some IRC help!

Lightbulb I need some IRC help!

On the IRC, everytime a person joins a channel, the join message looks like this:
    "<nick> (<ident>@<host>) has joined! Usually the host is an ip, or a "name" chosen by the ISP! How can i change the <host> in something i want like "i.am.on.the.net" ???

Pleez explain step-by-step!

Thank you
    ...We were like the 5 musketeers, and the 3 of us, made quite a duo.... !!!

It is Ip spoofing which is not available for IRCs or ...
    Ip spoofing is used just for DoS attacks.
    forget it.

I thought you can do it using bouncers but im not really sure how to do it, and i think you have to pay for it.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.

Banned
    you can do it with bouncers, but it cant be just anything. It has to be a vhost thats registered with that server. And most IRC servers dont accept vhosts.

Alternately, an IRCOp can change your hostmask for you.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

hmm..! A guy just did a takeover on my chan with a bnc..! By any chance, is any of you a IRCop on the undernet???
    ...We were like the 5 musketeers, and the 3 of us, made quite a duo.... !!!

Cool foor lordbone2001

u will not find any undernet oper here , just join #operhelp or #help or #opers ....and u will find someoper that will help u or just the use chanserv if there is service and the channel is register ... if u stell have problems mail me at Nasrat@NewMail.Net

BNCs are IRC proxies. What you're talking about are vhosts. With vhosts, what happens is that, (I'll use your example), the owner of "the.net" will create a subdomain on his host, to allow people to connect through it, and when they do, he can assign them names like "i.am.on" and "the.net" is the host. The "i.am.on" is virtual, hence the name, vhost. You have to buy these services, they cost depending on the name, there are some big companies that own as many as 100 domains, and then rent them out to IRCers. You can also trade for them on IRC>

Originally posted here by Dome
    you can do it with bouncers, but it cant be just anything. It has to be a vhost thats registered with that server. And most IRC servers dont accept vhosts.

Bouners just bind to an IP which resolves to the "vhost". The only reason its called a vhost is because its one of several ips on the machine, in which the bouner connects through. Most IRC servers accept vhost connections, its not like they can refuse them, they're not a foreign connection type; they're just a longer route to the server inable to protect your privacy. They're standard ips, not spoofed. Spoofed ips would be server side, depending on your definition of spoofed.