A/O hacking?

Thread: A/O hacking?

A/O hacking?

Kinda weird, but my firewall stopped an echo request from antionline's router...

why would A/O want to ping me???
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free

maybe just to see if the host is really alive is your firewall on stealth mode? just a sugestion maybe some 1 else will have the true meaning it wouldnt be anything to worry about though
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

yeah...kinda weird, this is the first time ive a log from antionline...

trying to figure out a logical explanation...

freedom aint free

Have you been using the IRC Feature? Only thing I can think of at this point that may cause that to come up in the log. I've noticed the same thing in my logs as well, although it always corresponds to when I've been on IRC.
    If there is more to it than that, I'd certainly be happy to know, although I'm not too concerned at present time.

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

No IRC - ive even disabled messanger on XP. I NEVER use chat...

Im not too worried about it, the log just piqued my curiosity. Good ideas so far tho...

freedom aint free

str34m3r
    If you look carefully, you'll see that it is not actually a ping. It's a type 9 ICMP packet, which is a "Router Advertisement" of some sort. Perhaps the router hiccupped when you tried to access a page and that was the error message sent by the router. In any case, I don't think it's anything to worry about.