Proxy settings on public computers.

Thread: Proxy settings on public computers.

Banned

Post Proxy settings on public computers.

is there any software or text file to tell me how to get past proxy settings at work/public computers?

please help

The Iceman Cometh
    And you need this information why? If you're at a work computer and need access to a specific site which the proxy is blocking, report it to the network administrator and, if he/she deems it necessary, he/she can grant you access. If you want to do it on a public computer or the admin at work won't give you access to the specific site, I would recommend just doing the surfing you want to do from home...

AJ

Banned
    the sys admin has blocked hotmail, i recently lost internet for a month at home and the sys admin said he only wouldnt allow me access because it unblocks it for everyone and not just me

The Iceman Cometh
    Do you have access to Outlook XP or Outlook Express on your work machines? If so, you should be able to configure one of them to download your hotmail messages by setting up an account via the HTTP protocol (standard in OE 5.0 and greater as well as Outlook XP). If you bypass the proxy, you'll probably be breaking whatever computer policy your company enforces, and you could be in for some problems with the administration...

AJ

Banned
    Dont worry, what about other outlook versions

The Iceman Cometh
    As far as I know, Outlook 97 and 2000 can't access hotmail accounts. If you desperately need to access your Hotmail account, you can always shell out the $30 a year (I think that's how much it is) for a premium account (or whatever hotmail's calling it these days) which allows you standard POP3 access. With the POP3 access, you can set up your standard mail client to send and receive your Hotmail without a problem. Otherwise, maybe you can see if Hotmail has mail fowarding so you can forward it to another account.

AJ

Banned
    thanks

Sounds to me like you are using your home computer to access your work account via RAS if this is the case you have much to be concerned about. Why not just spring for your own internet connection? If it is work or school and you have remote access repect what sys admin is doing. Remember nothing is private when dealing with corp networks or school accounts read the user policies and is hotmail really worth loosing your job or school account over?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Any attempt to get past a proxy by someone who doesn't already know how and who hasn't already been doing it for some time is a bad idea and will probably lead to consequences you are prepared to handle (i.e. loosing your job).

I wouldn't even be discussing such a thing here if I were you. I found myself in trouble back in high school when I made a post under an alias and come to find out my districts network admin visited this site and read what I posted, some how found out it was me (different story), and 'came to have a talk' the next day at school.

If you really want to learn, get your own Proxy-Dedicated computer, install the same software your work is using, and practice on it.

OverandOut.
    comJo
    OverandOut.
    ~comJo

---....Loading: 1x 2x 3x