Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Virus??

AO Virus??

Is there some form of protection from someone who might attach a virus too his/her post?I'm just wondering=)

The Iceman Cometh
    Are you trying to suggest that you want to do something along those lines? If someone posted a virus on here, I'm pretty sure it'd be detected and they'd be banned before anyone even had the chance to download it...

AJ

No i am not goingto do something like that i'm just curious

Try reading the Newbie section here Higher
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

The Iceman Cometh
    You can probably be quite certain that the server is set up to ward off any such attempt. JP has quite a bit of intrution detection software/hardware in place, and I'm absolutely certain that he wouldn't skimp on virus detection.

AJ

thanx

I'm quite confidentin JP's skills

Personally I would think a user would be smart enough to scan everything they download, and personally "I had the same idea as avdven" I thought Higher was looking for a method to pull something, but I didn't want to get neg'd for thinking that way. So, I let someone else speak up....

Well i wasn't going to pull anything

hmmm but even if you uploaded a virus surely it wouldn't do anything as the user woulddn't have enough access to run it on the server....

and as for peps downloading it am sure that hopefully most peps on here would be smart enough to scan anything they download before running it!

v_Ln

**this post is for all the script kiddies getting the idea from this post**It doesn't hurt to use common sense and if you do try it, I would say you are an idiot. People here have (or suppsedly have) anti-viruses and anti-trojans installed (either or). Second of all JP takes care of the members and the site very well thwarting any attempt to do any such "attack".