Thread: Visual Basic 4

Visual Basic 4

i need to find a copy of visual basic 4 on the net :
    SETH27_US

The Iceman Cometh
    Are you looking for the VB4 Runtimes or the actual MS VB compiler? If you're looking for the compiler... you're looking in the wrong place. I would suggest simply going out and buying yourself a current VB compiler (students can purchase it for $99 or something like that, last I saw). If you are, in fact, looking for the runtime, click HERE and you'll find all the VB runtimes you could need.

AJ

i am looking for the editer to write programs with
    SETH27_US

The Iceman Cometh
    Then I suggest you go elsewhere or buy the program yourself. This site is full of professionals who do not condone pirating software. If you want a program, simply go to your local software retailer or favorite online outlet, pull out your credit card and pay for it. Go HERE for if you're interested in the new VB.NET. It's only $109 (US) for the Standard Edition, and it'll do a lot more than VB 4.

AJ

Well, VB4 is a little hard to find these days now VB7 is out. However, I am sure there might be some on E-Bay or Yahoo! Auctions where people sell old versions of software.

I took the liberty of looking on e-bay for you and here's a link for VB4: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1550437464 They are selling it for cheap too.

If you are looking to download it, you will not find that information here; we are not a warez site. Lastly, what do you need VB4 anyway? It's kinda dated...

i have a book on Visual Basic 4 is way i need 4 , can use the Visual Basic 5 editer to write Visual Basic 4 code
    SETH27_US

The Iceman Cometh
    I'm not sure if your last post was a question or not, but if so, yes, you should be able to compile your VB4 code in VB5 or greater. Most compilers don't have too many problems compiling old code. WIth VB.NET, you may experience some differences, but overall, it should work fairly well. The only problems you might experience are related to the actual program operations (some of the menus, options, etc. may be slightly different), but if you're familiar with computers, you should be able to spot the differences easily enough and find what you need.

AJ