Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agnitum firewall

Question Agnitum firewall

hi

i have agnitum firewall and i just wounder if it blocks a hacker for the time you set and then let him in, i dont think it does but you never can be sure.

Anyone know?
    buble

i dont really undeerstand can u be a bit more specific and maybe i could help "for the time u set could u be a little more specific there " and possibily i might be able to help u plz more details
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

in options you can set the time for how long the intruder will be blocker

options-plugins setup-attack detection-settings----block intruders
    buble

the part where it says block all traffic for (10) min`s uncheck it that should fix it
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

i just dl a copy of anitum's firewall and like it alot better then ZA(which I think sux!) I haven't tried black Ice defender yet but that's on the horizon...

i kinda like agnitum moore that zone alarm too, if you ever try black ice, tell me how it is and if its good and soo on. Wanna have the best firewall there is you know.

thanks
    buble

In my opinion agnitum is better than ZA or black ice.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Yeah, I didn't like blackice. The only good feature about it is that it gives you stats and graphs, they look nice but are useless and take up system resources. Plus blackice has a steeper learning curve, it won't block all your ports unless you know how to use it correctly. And what I hate most is that blackice has a filter that is made to cheat the grc.com shields up tests. When I ran a java test and port scans, they both shows my 139 open. Blackice just doesn't offer the bang for the buck, zone alarm slowed down my computer considerably, and outpost, well, I don't know how they did it, but on my p133 with 32 megs of ram, it doesn't in any way lag my system, and I've tried different tests, it just doesn't. And as for the intruder setting, no point in using it unless the person is trying to attack you repeatedly, most likely the person will see you are protected or think you are offline and leave you alone.

it is supposed to detect if someone is trying to break into your comp. what that option does it block all communication with that ip address so that after they make a set number of atempts to get in it will just block everything else so they can't find some way around the firewall. after a time it will unblock the ip cuz not everyone has static ip's and you may want to be able to communicate with that ip later. hope that answers your question.

I've tried ZA, Agnitum, and TPF. IMO, Agnitum is the best.