Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSI nVidia GeForce MX a fraud ???

There are a few frame rate "patches' still out there from the early days of Xpee, they did help, but the later nVidia drivers delt with the problem..well they seem to have for me..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Terr... in BIOS, my AGP apeture size is set to 4X .. i don't know if that's good or bad..! All i know is that, once i've had some problems when i've set it to 64x.. when i tryed playing any game it gave my a bluescreen...! I don't know much about the BIOS so I try not to play with it..! Avden.. i've got the drivers from www.msicomputer.com , but all they did was uninstalling my old nVidia drivers.. i don't think i've got the right ones... ! I'll try again today..!
    Anyway.. a friend of mine has the same computer settings, except he has a Inno 3D Nvidia GeForce 2 MX, with the latest nVidia drivers, and he gets three times the performances i get.. I mean... what is with this MSI GeForce 2 MX anyway... shouldn't it get the same performances, or what?? His video card isn't even overcloacked or manually setted..! All he does is install windows, install the drivers, run the game, and it works super.. !
    ...We were like the 5 musketeers, and the 3 of us, made quite a duo.... !!!

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: MSI nVidia GeForce MX a fraud ???

Originally posted here by lordbone2001
    ..and i have the following problem:
    When i play a game, with the setting for my computer (medium detail, recommended for these computer hardware setting) it makes about 15 fps, wich is unacceptable!
    That's unacceptable... even on my old Cyrix M-II box (300 Mhz) with Viper 550 video card (16MB), and 128 MB PC100 RAM, I have about 72 fps. You should check all your hardware settings, software things (drivers, directX,...) and search the net, perhaps you have to deal with a known bug... good luck.

Are you using the MSI StarForce 816 GeForce2 MX?
    maximum3d got 4452 points with 3D Mark 2000 on a comparable system like yours.
    and a much higher frame rate for Quake3, take a look at the results:
    http://www.maximum3d.com/reviews/msimx3.htm
    The MSI card can also be overclocked with the MSI 3D Turbo utility
    http://www.maximum3d.com/reviews/msimx6.htm

VictorKaum... yes, that's exactly it.. MSI Starforce 816 GeForce 2 MX..! Look at the performances in these tests... wow..! Now that's how it should normally behave, not like mine behaves ! I've searched the net and that's how i got here, to ask some people that know about these known bugs

Pleez help... !

Is your card even AGP? if it's not that could be causeing some of your problems. You also may want to check to see if your using software exceleration, while not as much of a problem as it use to be it can still cause slowdowns.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

On the box it sayd AGP 4X.. i don't know what to think anymore...!

maybe you have blown it up? with my old p2 300 +tnt m64 32 mb agp i got like 30 frames.are the games the only things that are slow? if all the other programs are also slow and windows is starting up really slow i suggest to format your harddisk.Another solution is maybe to defrag your hard disk by rightclicking on the c: and click on properties.i hope i helped good luck with it if something else crosses my mind i wil post it
    hip hop rules

hehe... i'm not that n00b..! Only the games are slow... ! I've formatted my hard at least 100 times since i've got this configuration..! I get the same results every time i run a game.. ! I don't know what the problem is... i think it's the drivers, but i can't find any drivers for this type of video card... and google finds me only the nvidia detonator.. what can i do.. except changing my video card ???

return it?