Thread: sending emails through outlook with differnt accounts

sending emails through outlook with differnt accounts

I'll try to keep this short, I'm running exchange 2000 and outlook 2000 as a client. We have a few diff. domains all with the same customer service and what I'm looking for is how they can send emails through outlook using a diff. domain name.. Example customerservice@abc.com and the same person be able to send out an email using customerservice@cba.com. Thank you for any help!!

The Iceman Cometh
    First, set up all of the accounts to work in Outlook. Then, when you want to send a message via a specific account (besides whichever account you set as Default with the Account Manager), first start a new message. In the toolbar that the top (if you have it split onto two bars, it'll be on the lower bar) click the button labeled "Accounts" and choose the account you wish to send from. I've used it on Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP, though not while on an Exchange server, but it shouldn't matter.

AJ

Easy go to any users account or the admin accout and set up an alais. Go to the Email tab and there you will find advanced then click add "Other" and put in smtp user@whatdomain.com.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

The only problem with that is when I want to send an email with the non primary email address no matter what it still goes out with the primary address

fROM MY EXPERIENCE THAT IS BY DESIGN- you must create new accounts for each domain and then switch to that specified account i.e when outlook starts have it prompt for a profile, I found that to be the only way I know for now you do that thru properties- exchange server forces the default sender to be whoevers account is currently logged in

I guess I could just use outlook express, it's amazing that you can't do the same thing in outlook 2000 as you can in outlook express... Gotta love M$

First make sure that all the accounts are setup and properly named. When you want to send an email with one of the other accounts you will see that the send has a little arrow right next to it. When you click on that arrow it will list all the other email accounts you have. Simply click on that account. After that click on send. Your email was now sent from one of your other accounts. If you just click send and dont toggle the arrow, your email will be sent by your default account.