Thread: secure@microsoft.com no longer?

secure@microsoft.com no longer?

Microsoft had put forth their best foot and made it seem as though they were interested in taking care of the bugs that are found with ther software. How? They made their secure@microsoft.com address a public email address and were directing people there to report bugs. They would be able to work with engineers to get issues taken care of. Would it surprise you to learn that they have already removed the email address and replaced it with a form that should be capable of doing the same thing?

Read about : http://online.securityfocus.com/news/545

Kind of amusing really. I didn't know if this should go in the humor section or not..
    Any how, happy reading.
    Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Humm called they have no CLUE what is wrong and will make money if you tell them of a flaw. I'm not gonna tell them anything they were found GUILTY but do not change or admit fault. May have a few Billon but no honor, money cannot purchase honor nor respect and they are GUILTY of acting without honor and respect of the end user!
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

T3h Ch3F

Just Remember

Micro$oft, will never be found "Guilty", of anything. Large Corporations have Lawyers that rename guilt. "partially Culpable", LOL so maddening.

P:

Olas

mebbe they are going to change the email addy to secure@hotmail.com
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

The thing that really gets me with this is that they working with people to get things taken care of. Do they really feel that people are assured by another online form? If the form works, then great, I'm all for it. Until such time as I've seen this thing work, I will probably be a little skeptical. Without human contact, at least an email from a true blue person instead of the atuo answer forms, I will remain as such..

In your experiences, how much success have you had with online forms (concerning bug reports) and getting results from them? The only online form concerning bug reports I have ever gotten results from is that on freebsd.org. There is always some developer that will promptly reply to a message letting me know that they are interested in knowing how to replicate and subsequently repair the fault. Has anyone had this type of experience with Microsoft in particular? Have you had this with any company? Just curious really.

edit:
    microsoft rulz
    Lol, I think someone missed the point, or they didn't read the article.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Have you had this with any company?
    the only time was when i was a beta tester for coldfusion studio 4.51 & 4.52...they had a forms based submission process and a forum for beta testers...the bug reports for beta testing are a bit different tho so maybe it doesn't apply...also the beta team at allaire (this was before macromedia bought them..) was small and responsive...we actually knew them by name...

the nice thing about a form is that you can get "somewhat" standardized responses instead of a 5 page tome on what a pos the software is....while it may be true...a bug report isn't the place for venting...and i imagine that m$ got a LOT of venting...hehe

btw...they did fix the bugs i reported...and i even got a t-shirt...hehe
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson