Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: programming lang.

programming lang.

Could someone that has learned several programming lang. please tell me which they think the easiest to be. thanx

The Iceman Cometh
    Absolute easiest? I would say either Basic/Visual Basic or Pascal. The easiest that will be a good stepping stone for other languages? C or C++.

AJ

EDIT: These are, of course, just my opinion, coming from someone who knows way too many programming languages.

I have found, IMHO, that python was the easiest to learn, that or vbscript. I tend to like the interpreted languages better, especially when learning because it takes out the time needed to compile then test, then fix, then recompile, then retest, then recompile ---ad nauseum ad infinitum.

The Iceman Cometh
    No offense, cachinga, but I just want to respond to your choices of languages. Python is, in fact, fairly easy to learn, but if you don't have a Linux box, it's going to be harder to get a compiler. Also, there aren't very many books out there which can help someone learn how to program in Python. Granted, they do exist, but there's a *much* larger selection of books available for more well-known languages.

As for vbscript, I personally don't think that learning a scripting language first is going to get him anywhere. Most scripting languages are extremely easy to learn, but also extremely limited in their uses, not to mention they don't make for a strong foundation to learn other languages off of.

I think, if you start with a language, you should choose a language that you can 1) find a lot of support for (such as websites, books, individuals, classes, etc.) ; 2) expand upon to complex programming concepts; 3) use as a foundation for learning other lanuages; and 4) learn the ins and outs of compiling, debugging and testing.

AJ

Right now i'm learning Visual Basics which seems easy and is easy to find info mation for. Is this a good lang. to start with to get to other lang. such as c/c++

For learning purposes, Visual basic is good. But if U are looking to be a serious programmer, i would suggest U go for C because, by learning C, U R not only learning the programming fundamentals, but also developing some serious thinking. Drag and drop will not make complete programming.
    If U R not serious, okay, VB itself is sufficient

Only problem i have with c is i'm 16 and don't really want to spend a couple hundred $'s on books and such. And i never can find anything for c on the net.

Exclamation Programming

Programming
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=133897

Newbie programmers tips - hollow_man
    Programming Languages - Introduction - Rewandythal
    Basic Program Logic and good programming practices - Zepherin
    80x86 Assembly - Cheeseball
    ASM - Cheeseball

QBasic I- Jethro
    QBasic II - Jethro
    BASIC: The basics - ThePreacher
    C - Chapter I - CGKanchi
    C - Chapter II - CGKanchi
    C - Chapter III - CGKanchi
    C - Chapter IV - CGKanchi
    C++ - Jethro
    Efficient C++ Programming - Gamemaster6502
    Secure C Programming - Evil Enchilada
    Secure PHP programming for PHP beginners - chsh
    Cobol - Hot_ice
    JavaScript - Jethro
    JavaScript Objects - chsh
    JAVA-Basics - Hot_ice
    JAVA text-editor - Hot_ice
    JAVA - l3aDmOnKeY
    Perl regular expressions - ele5125
    Secure Applications in Perl - smirc
    Prolog - Jabberwocky.
    Basic 3D Programming with QT - Proactive.
    C++ GUI Programming basics - Proactive.
    Dumping SQL-data to a text-file - ntsa

These should help you out JediKnight-Yoda

Bingo!!

Just Another Geek
    Perl is absolute the easiest language to learn. It's also platform independant. Once you get the hang of simple stuff in Perl you can try the OO stuff.

Stepping up from Perl to C/C++ is relativly easy.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If it helps any, I started with QBasic, then learned Visual Basic on my own by using the help files in a student edition of the compiler and my knowledge from the QB course. Then I started into C, then C++. I'm decent at those and now I'm working on Java which is becoming a standard intro language at universities in my area now, I have 2 courses on it next year, 1 in each semester. As for ease of use, something like VB is great because there's almost no syntax, making it easier to get the basics behind programming. Plus the added gui that's in the compiler makes it easier to make something quick, it keeps people's attention in the early learning stages. C is a very versatile language, as are many others. It has a fair amount of syntax that you have to learn in order to write anything but it's not the hardest thing you'll ever come across. One good thing about learning C is that a lot of people know it so it's not hard to get help or to find a course on it somewhere and the syntax it does use is similar to many other languages so once you're used to using it then you'll find it easier to learn others.
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you