Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: programming lang.

I'm w/ SirDice on this one, I started w/ C++, had a hard time at it. Learning C first does help you with the structure and syntax though, if you can write C, you can move that knowledge to almost every other language. But IMHO, perl is the best way to go for starters, you can buy a learn how book on perl that comes with the int. for around 30.00 at the most.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I prefer perl as well, and I started to learn VB but ran out of time this summer, and found it pretty simple as well.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

I would recommend python.It is very easy and their are some really good beginners guide(If you are short on cash).

Hey, search the forums before you post a question like that. That is probably why you were negged, am I right?
    Anyway:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=236761
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

Banned
    I found C hard at first but after awile I began to enjoy it. It wasn't that it was hard to understand, its just that all those buttons & Add-Ons got me lost. I've used delphi once and it was really cool... its easy like basic but it has alot of the things that VB lacks in. However the new version of VB is a mojor improvement.

What do you want to create?

Web stuff? Windows stuff? games? Databases? networking? linux?

Delphi and Visual Basic is easy stuff ,but is a language for making standard windows programs like office applications, etc. You will not use these for games programming, heavy intensive database applications or distributed server systems. You could, but it is not what it is best for. It realy makes it easy and fast to make windows apps. and utillities.

I do c++ ,and that is the hardcore language which most programs are made out of. C++ is a huge thing, easy to start but is an never ending expanding subject wich could take you into every aspect of technologies og program types. If you want a job within programming, you would start with c++, because most jobs would need those guys. And it would be easier to move on to Delphi, VB, Java, and whatever...and back again if you would need that. And it is easy to find resources to c++, windows programming, directx, opengl, sql, xml, networking, and etc etc. This is the biggest languages. Not nessecerily the best for every job, but in my eyes the best to start with.

Java is for web stuff. You could use it to create normal programs to, but it would be awfull silly because it lacks alot of "components" to become the real deal. I have seen no good games or windows program made by this language, but alot of nifty web stuff.

The rest of languages worth mention is for web stuff really....and web programming is a freakin mess in my eyes. alot of good stuff trying to move togheter and really struggles. And programming speaking it lacks the power and structure which c++ would provide.

unless web is the thing for you, you start with either visual basic or c++....I would have chosen c++ because it is the biggest, most books and resources, and you can make anything with it.... and makes it realy easy to move to java or c# for web stuff. And you could do both windows and linux with c++. But I warn you, it is not for people that struggles with learning, hate math, and practise little...

im also a newbie im not saying that im good in programing but for me the easiest will be c programing and visual basic, some programs will be complicated w/o learning some basic. that's all hope i help you, here are some sie that might help you in some problems in codes for visual:http://www.planet-source-code.com,http://www.vbcode.com