Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro-Islamic hackers?

Old Fart

Pro-Islamic hackers?

According to British security group Mi2g, three groups of hackers in the middle east are preparing to wreak havok on computer systems in Israel, India, G.B., and the U.S.. I am including a link to a story done by TechTV on this subject,
    http://www.techtv.com/news/security/...392443,00.html , and I am also pasting the text from the related story on the Mi2g website in the space below

" London, UK - 18th June 2002, 15:30 GMT – There is mounting evidence that individual hacker groups are coalescing and becoming interconnected through a common pro-Islamic agenda. Each aggregate group is carrying out digital attacks under a common banner and has pooled expertise to pronounce judgement and forcibly broadcast political views, which are anti-Israel, anti-US/UK and anti-India.

These hacker alliances produce elaborate multimedia propaganda of their collective ideology as part of their destructive payload, which combines several issues such as the Middle East conflict, the War on Terrorism and the Kashmir standoff. According to the correlations mapped using the mi2g SIPS database, the three main pro-Islamic and anti- US, Israel and India aggregate hacker groups are:

1. USG (Unix Security Guards), an anti-Israel alliance was formed in early May this year and has been responsible for 87 overt digital attacks since. They consist of four member groups - Egyptian Fighter, rD, Inkubus and ShellCode. Egyptian Fighter was responsible for the largest number of digital attacks this year on Israeli (.il) sites. USG and its members are collectively responsible for 161 overt digital attacks to date.

2. WFD (World’s Fantabulous Defacers), a Pakistani alliance of 12 member groups has overtly attacked 445 sites since November 2000 with messages opposing the Indian presence in Kashmir or the occupation of Palestine by Israel. In a recent anti-Israeli overt digital attack, WFD acknowledged 32 other hacker groups and individuals, many of them with anti-US/UK and anti-India agendas.

3. AIC (Anti-India Crew), a Pakistani alliance established in July 2001, is also prolifically carrying out digital attacks with anti-India and anti-US/UK messages. AIC is responsible for 422 attacks to date, 77 of them on Indian (.in) sites, some of those in collaboration with WFD.

Both USG and AIC have become very active, carrying out a total of 111 overt digital attacks between them in May at the height of tensions between India and Pakistan over Kashmir. Sites attacked include those of universities and educational institutions, businesses, hotels and retailers.

DK Matai, mi2g’s Chairman & CEO said, “The most important lesson learnt from these events is the coming together of pro-Islamic groups to simultaneously participate in joint digital attacks on US/UK, Israeli and Indian targets. Historically, the US has been allied with Pakistan. It seems that recent political and cyberspace events are both pointing towards a closer alignment of interests in the near future between the US, India and Israel.”

Hacktivism has mirrored international political conflict since the late ‘90s with two key events being the NATO-Serbia and China-Taiwan conflicts in 1999. In 2002, this has been evident during the Israeli-Palestinian conflict when the Israeli army occupied Palestinian territories, both in the sudden explosion of overt digital attacks on Israeli sites and the heavy political content of the multimedia messages left."

Hacktivism...I never looked at it like this, but I guess that would be the best term to use for politically motivated hacking.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

There are numerous groups like that. A new one, is a filipino group that wants revenge for the U.S killing some soldiers. There have also been threads about this before, thanks for the article though.

some of their so called "work" can be seen at ......

http://defaced.alldas.org

A warning though, be careful opening mirror links to defacements by "uname-a", found one infected with the VBS.Haptime.A@mm virus.

Just a thought, but there should be an organized group to fight this kind of valdism and agression. There should be a sort of anti-hacker hacker groupd to stop these kinds of people. Hell people from the population here at AO could comprise such an organization. Oh well, just a thought.

Peace out
    Don\'t Put me on a plate!
    I might use my magnet to Escape!

Banned
    LOL lobstermagnet. The whole point of being a AO member is to get everyone into security and help them learn about PCs and we do fight crime online only we do it with info and good deffences rather than brute force. Besides if we did it any other way AO would be just another cybergang looking for a fight.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I sure wish the Islamic Radicals would relise that not every fight is a 'holy war' or jihad. Ya know... People are blowing them selves up in Isreal, for Palestine, NOT GOD. I wonder if anyone ever went to heaven for being a patriot.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Hi mom!
    I wonder if there is a heaven at all, but that's another discussion...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I figure if they want to blow themselves up or hack - let them, it's only a matter of time before they're either dead (which is no big loss) or caught. If they attach sites - GREAT this is a good way for everyone to harden their networks and before long most of these sites will be hardend enough to resist these types of attacks.
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Originally posted here by lucktsm
    I figure if they want to blow themselves up or hack - let them, it's only a matter of time before they're either dead (which is no big loss) or caught.
    This is true, to a point. but what about the innocent lives lost? Once again thinking of no-one but our selves...
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I guess my question an opinions are alittle baised being that the U.S is the only country I've lived in... but I would like to ask (if there are any Pro Islamic hackers) would they died for thier country and political beliefs and if they think Allah, God would approve? from a hacker standpoint and basic human emotions feeling, etc I would say don't get 0\/\/n3d! I don't like the idea that governments around the world feel the citizens are thier property, even here in the states, you are property... the world would be alot better place without a gonvernment telling you what to do when to go to war, how many children you can have, when to die, when to eat or water your grass, etc... I'm quiet sure the memories of anyone willing to die for a political or religious cause will be soon forgotten in less then a generation compared to someone who live to see and teach his grand and great grandchildren something he/she learned about the world!
    wars is a tool government use to control the masses!

I guess what I'm trying to say is let the politicions fight and die for the cause and see how fast we'll have peace! they are suppose to represent the people right!

p.s.
    d0/\/t l3t any0/\/3 r00t y0u 0r y0r b0x!