Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst OS ever

The worst OS ever

Ok everyone’s always giving their $0.02 on witch OS is the best. Well I want to here witch OS you think is the worst. Witch one gave you grief to no end and drove you to drink after receiving the umpteenth error message

For me it’s a tie between Windows 95 and Mac OSX. 95 on my 33mz 486 never worked well and Mac OSX; well lets just say I lost a lot of homework to various system crashes.

Win95, but I still use it because I have to wait for a new computer to get an operating system that will work well. I only have 32 megs o' ram, and win98 will suck all that up too quickly Never used a Mac, don't plan to, they don't look all that nice though everybody says they are great for personal stuff.

worst is win me .... i restart 6 times a day at least

MPE/ix -- Hands down. Absolutely worst OS ever. Although, security for it is pretty solid, who the h*ll would want to break into an MPE box?

I hate the 6 line file equations.
    I hate the account/group/session crap.
    I hate having to logging on with 2 passwords.
    I hate the lack of any logical organization for files -- they all seem to just be thrown into one place.

Did I mention it sucks? The only redeming quality about MPE is that it has a POSIX shell!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

The worst ever is WinXP Home. I bought it 5 months ago (God only knows why) and my registry has corrupted three times, It freezes during long downloads (i.e. Counter-Strike updates), and my profile has corrupted twice.

Windows 95 caused havoc for me

The Iceman Cometh
    My (cheap) 2 cents...

Worst list (witn #1 being worst):
    3 - Windows XP Home (if not properly configured)
    2 - Windows ME

And the absolute worst OS ever!!! (IMO)
    1 - Windows 95

I think any NT-based OS is the way to go if you want to go Win32. Otherwise, go with some variant of *nix.

AJ

I always had the most problems with fu*(in Win 98. It crashed on me at least once a week. It froze up all the time. How many times has windows had to rerelease this damn OS to sell it as even usable. In my humble opinion this OS is the worst windows ever made. Only after countless patches, upgrades, new versions, and the like is this is even worth the box it comes in.
    Don\'t Put me on a plate!
    I might use my magnet to Escape!

Originally posted here by lobstermagnet
    I always had the most problems with fu*(in Win 98. It crashed on me at least once a week. It froze up all the time. How many times has windows had to rerelease this damn OS to sell it as even usable. In my humble opinion this OS is the worst windows ever made. Only after countless patches, upgrades, new versions, and the like is this is even worth the box it comes in.
    Only crash once a week with 98 that is amazing. But the worst ever is 95.

I hate ME also just to many problems I have run into with every installation that I have seen....
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

My old OS. It had netbios and Microsoft File & print sharing open to the world.

A bad OS is an OS not maintained properly in my opinion.