Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The worst OS ever

for me it's Windows ME!!!! it always hangs and for cats sake you need to restart 6 times before it works properly!!!!!!

The worst OS I have worked with is Windows ME. A friend of mine has it and every time I go over to his place I end up having to work on the OS to make it stop crashing, drives me crazy.

Now Windows 95/98 and MacOS 9.x are not much better but ME is by far the worst (IMHO). I have just recently started using Windows XP Home and it seems OK but it still freezes here and there but the down time is much shorter than the others.

ccKID

I'm terribly sorry for all who use Windoze to get anything done even entertainment. The worst I would have to say I had the dis-pleasure of using was Windoze ME. The best I would have to say is Red Hat Linux 7.3 , ummmm download your copy today (it's free, yes free @ www.redhat.com or double your money back.)

mmm a tie between win95 and Win Me for sure... win xp trails clossely behind

Win ME: tried to install it on a laptop over Win98, crashed during installation, computer wouldn't start, ended up taking it to a computer store, screamed repeatedly at the sheer thought of the people who developed it

Also, it's positive features were in no way good enough to warrant paying for an upgrade, since you could download most of them free anyway.

er0k
    heh id have to give my vote to win95 as well.

bug wise: apple II (yes I actually used one and yes it's that bad)
    featureitus wise: Mandrake 8.2 (no linux system should be 1 gig and what am I going to do with 5 word processors a 6 text editors)
    Nasty crash wise (different than bug wise): windows 95 first edition (truly ill)
    Nasty look wise: windows 3.0 (windows 1.0 probly would look nastyer I never got to use it)
    Command prompt nasty: dos 3.3
    install nasty: Debian
    Bigest POS: ME (this didn't really need to come out)
    Bigest software improvements: ME-XP (not that XP is great but ME was that bad), Mac OSX upgrade (not so bad) and upgradeing redhat to 6.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Originally posted here by RuffRyder
    worst is win me .... i restart 6 times a day at least
    Without a doubt. They should have never released Me.

I hate win XP with passion too...
    its just too much after you are used to the normal setting pops up from start button...

Avdven, how do you configure XP properly?? in what way?
    i made it looks more like normal windows at least.

besides, XP is too round.. like cutey wooty
    My kei-goh is Silver Wolf!

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Obviously noone ever used Digital Equipment's RSX11MDP and the PIP language.

Fortran on an IBM 1130?
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot