Thread: Message Boards

Question Message Boards

I would like to learn how to install and run my own message board system. I have checked the resourceindex.com for many a free bbs scripts, and I'm just having trouble running them/installing, any help would be nice, even if its a link to a tutorial. Thanks

Yes i do have access to cgi-bin and the proper resources for hosting them, any advice on which is the best system or personal advicve/experience would be great.
    Danis
    >> >: (^) ADION - {spread}

get hammers

I happen to like snitz forums. They're free (always a plus). The only "ad" in it is a small text link on the bottom that points to their site, really not that hard to remove if you really want to do it. And since it's open source, a lot of developers write mods and stuff for download for it.

It's written in ASP, and gives you Access or MySQL options, as well as DB or NT authentication if your host supports it.

http://forum.snitz.com

I use it on my site, and it's decently fast. If you check their discussion board, they're looking at ways to cut down server trips in each version, so it should be screaming real soon.

Good luck.

you could try Yet Another Bulletin Board .... YaBB which runs on cgi and flat text files ... can utilise database if you need it too ... quite simple to set up.

try here ... http://www.yabbforum.com/downloads.php

Yo Danis,

I am using IkonBoard on my site. It is pretty easy to install, free, end has a very active community, people writing skins and mods all the time. Check it out at http://www.ikonboard.com

Greetz,
    hackySack

Yes i would go with ikonboard. Or if not that than invision board or phpBB. Just search for them on google.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

phpBB, YaBB, and ikonboard are alll very good.

They're all good in one way or another...sometimes it just depends on your host. If your host allows PHP, go with one of those...but if you're stuck with MS...an ASP solution isn't always a bad option.

testing

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody.
    I have been recently testing Yabb, and ikonboard, I am still looking around at others. Again, thanks, and you will see the forum come about soon. Keep the ideas coming, i can use it all, thanks again to all, is that too many thanks??!!!
    Danis
    >> >: (^) ADION - {spread}

get hammers