Wrongfully Accused!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrongfully Accused!

Banned

Angry Wrongfully Accused!

Anti-Online Users:

I have just been notified that bobmiller567 was banned. I knew bob.
    He would have never done anything like that. He emailed me once he was banned and told me that
    he never even posted a thread once since he registered last night. I read the threads that bob had
    "posted". Unfortunatley his cousin had seen bob's password and was feeling a little "mischiefy".
    His cousin posted those threads and after bob was banned his cousin admitted.

Now bob feels terrible. He wants to apologize for his cousin's behavior. Please forgive him.
    Bob told me the only reason he wanted to become a member of Anti-Online was to make friends.
    Now he does not feel it is worth the trouble. Why doesn't bob have many friends?
    Answer: bob is crippled. I hope you are reading this xmaddness, jc, and negative.
    Forgive him

-nielad2001

The Iceman Cometh
    If what you're saying is true, he can always come back under a different screen name. If the same sort of things happens, though, he'll get banned just as quickly as he was today. If it is true that his cousin saw his password, maybe he should be a little more careful entering his password, and choosing something that is difficult to remember if it is seen...

AJ

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, I hold nothing against anyone. If he (or his cousin) doesn't do anything stupid again like that, then whatever. Thats fine. Although he'll have to get a new account set-up because once banned, it banned.
    cheers
    x

Banned
    Bob does not feel it is worth it create a new account because he thinks that you will just ban him again
    -nielad2001

Originally posted here by xmaddness
    doesn't do anything stupid again
    This is the key point, follow it and you'er fine.

Cheers:
    DjM

he won't get banned unless he's stupid enough to reveal what his old nick was or allows others to see his password and use his account.

tell him to try again..

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Bob is more than welcome to come back. He will not get banned simply because of what his cousin did. These things happen. I have nothing against him. Its just that when people come in here posting blatently stupid posts, action is taken. AntiOnline is a huge community and we don't like it when people disrupt that community. This is my home on the internet and I don't like it when people come in and start disrupting it by trying stupid e-mail hijacking techniques on my fellow AO'ers. Concider the slate wiped clean and tell him he can start over. If he sets up another account, we won't know it was him anyways. The posts that were made from his account were blatantly mallicious and we do not accept that here. That is why I took the action I did. Again I did not send any spam to his mail or anything else pertaining to it. A little bit of social Engineering can go a long way, as I demonstrated. So, in closing, tell him to go through the registration process again and to join AO, and to keep his password away from his cousin.
    xmaddness

Originally posted here by nielad2001
    Bob does not feel it is worth it create a new account because he thinks that you will just ban him again
    -nielad2001
    Well nielad2001, or should I say BOB!

It looks like your making the same mistake twice....

LOL! this is better than a soap opera!

next we find out that Bob is the three headed son of nielad and has been masquerading around iceland playing scriptkiddie with... dah dah dah...

tune in next week for more exciting adventures of
    who banned who?!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Well first off the people mentioned in the post work very hard at this site and are fair people and even among each other they will disagree upon things and when they give out points they are very specific as to why they assign them. I have my own handicaps in h4earing and in motor control but it is not an excuse for me has never been. Explain it I will but I want to be taken for the quality of what I give the community. Since this is a Security site then Bob has learned the first thing about security when you set up accounts and passwords if someone must know then you must have complete trust in their ability to help you not become a burden. Become responsable Bob for your own actions and place your trust well seems even family now take advantage of each other.

Oh forgot I got neged for suggesting reading the Newbie Section what was it "What a crappy post. Those sections have noting to do with AO". Excuse me I fell off my chair laughing and I am again. Well at least I didn't spray the screen with coffee
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg