Thread: What software should I buy???

Question What software should I buy???

I'm just learning about programming and I have taken a class I VB and I have been practicing with a visual c++ learning kit or some thing that has a user argement thing on it so I can't distribute any programs I make with it.

I am interested in c++, vb, and java and I would like to know what would be the best/inexpensive products I could buy.

P.S. I am running win98

Well, for C++, i use Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4.0. it's available free from download.com
    If you have Linux, then you have a C++ compiler that comes with it: G++.
    As for VB and Java, I have no idea.

depends onwhat your goals are. looks like your interests are in windows programming.

the .net SDK is free. Java is free. Dev C++ is excellant (and free) but not as good as MS VC++ yet. if you want to buy VC++/VB you can go to a computer show and usually find a copy for 30 - 45 dollars from the software vendors.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

For vb, you could get the WSH, (windows scripting host) and try out VBScript, which is similar to the other members of the visual basic family. And you can also try out JScript. As for c++, you can use dev c++, but gcc is much more powerful, though you might not want to use it until you become proficient with things like error messages, and can do well without a GUI. And one more thing, this isn't a product review, you may want to watch where you post.

er0k
    Originally posted here by G.Ben.M
    Well, for C++, i use Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4.0. it's available free from download.com
    If you have Linux, then you have a C++ compiler that comes with it: G++.
    As for VB and Java, I have no idea.
    i agree, but if you are looking to code in visual c++, then sadly, m$ has a nice program you can buy for like $90.00 USD at best buy or whatever.