LaBrea@Home

Thread: LaBrea@Home

LaBrea@Home

I have followed this project about a year. "LaBrea is a way to combat both port scanners and worms such as Code Red and Nimda. The original network administrator's "LaBrea" creates phantom machines which hold scanners and worms in a sort of "tarpit", luring them in, and holding onto their communications with what they think are real machines." http://www.hackbusters.net/LaBrea/lbathome.html. In view of recent worms and some new purposed federals laws simply proof that any attack by a corp or gov can also disable in a sense their efforts held on a useless trail. Will post more when I have more time.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Old Fart
    Pale...that link didn't work, but I did find the one I'm pasting below. My hat is off to you....VERY interesting.

http://www.hackbusters.net/LaBrea/lbathome.html
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Damn period was making sure my grammer was correct LOL gawd gotta go it's Friday thing off to fly a kite and give a driving lesson to son. We are talking trauma and driving lesson eeks!
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Old Fart
    Been there, done that (2 years ago) and I have it coming at me 2 more times! Good luck and Godspeed!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Well second time around for me 3 sons a decade apart LOL. Was it blanks or bad aim ah oh humm bad swimmers in a flood? OK simple concept since we have all these dot coms that you cannot avoid and people like doubleclick, sydoor, etc that place alll that stuff on the computer and not ask, why not as a person just sort of trap all that stuff after all they did not ask to get on your system are not AD people abusing say the same thing Yale and Princeton did ooops they did not know was a security check. Throw em all to the tar to bring things back to the subject.