Thread: Friends and what i've learned

Friends and what i've learned

I just had a surprise party tonight that all my friends and parents were in on. I was so surprised I just stood there in awe. I mean a party for me, all my friends and no one told, & it was pretty tight. I mean it made me realize how many good friends I have as well as parents. I'm a teenager so I don't have a real close relationship with my parents and I'm pretty mean to them (as it seems this is the way with many of relationships amongst parents and teens). They went through all that trouble though, I mean it was a big event. It made me also realize how blessed I am. I just felt like I had to tell someone, and even though I don't have really any friends on AO, I feel like I will get positive comments back, this is a good support group

Army_Of_One
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

I know what you mean about the parent-teen relationships. I'm not that bad, but my younger brother can be a real pain to my mother. I'm more quiet than anything else. I agree, AO is probably the friendlyiest(sp?) inviting, and helful communities I've come across on the internet.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old Fart
    Always remember, your parents are your best friends. Unfortunately, they have the job of playing referee in your life, and it's not easy to play that part with someone you love. I was rough on my parents too, but the older I get, the smarter they were.

They taught me good lessons, and because of what went on in my teenage years, my 18 yr old and I are best buds.

Happy Birthday!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i'll have to say, from one who went thru the whole anti-parent thign then grew out of it:

PARENT DO KNWO WHAT THEY ARE TALKIGN ABOUT.

i know. i know. it comes as a shock, but they really HAVE lived longer than you and have gone thru mostly the same sh$t. after you get away frm them for a while, you start to see that the mistakes you make in life are the same ones they warned you about. they are looking out for you. in their own crazy way....
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Hey Army,

We've all been like that at one time or another. When one does come to that realization, savour it, learn from it
    and incorporate it into your life.
    And as for
    <quote>
    and even though I don't have really any friends on AO
    </quote>

Family and Friends arer where you find them.

Happy Birthday, Bro!

zaddikim

Hey Army,

We've all been like that at one time or another. When one does come to that realization, savour it, learn from it
    and incorporate it into your life.
    And as for
    <quote>
    and even though I don't have really any friends on AO
    </quote>

Family and Friends are where you find them.

Happy Birthday, Bro!

zaddikim
    You can lead a yak to water, but you can\'t teach an old dog
    to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke
    -Berke Breathed/ Opus The Penguin

Happy birthday, ArmyOfOne.

I too went through the phase of a struggling relationship with my parents, but I soon began to realize just how wise they were afterall. It was hard to believe that my parents were once kids, who had experienced all of the same mistakes and lessons in life.....but that's why they tried so hard to help me avoid experiencing the same thing's that they had to go through.

I still have alot to learn from my parents to this very day...and always will.