tracing a 888 #

Thread: tracing a 888 #

tracing a 888 #

hey all

this may be a no brainer Q but I am tring to find a name to put with a toll (888) # and i've tried google and i don't know if i'm just searching the wrong entrys or what?

the number is in the US

It's eather in CA or TX

It is supposed to be a child support collection agency (But sounds like a scam thats what the court tells me )

I want to have the real location of this person before I let them know the jig is up so if needed I can contact the police to report him

I thought that toll numbers were the same as residencial listed numbers as far as look up ?

am I just searching the wrong place

any help is welcome and appreciated

there are a number of directory lookup sites for toll-free numbers; the one i use most often is:

http://www.inter800.com/

- let me know if this does or doesn't help.
    -droby10

Ive tried this one and it gives me a unsuccesful result I even thried the 800 number for LA county court and same thing

would you mind providing the number? We could all use our various methods of looking it up to see if come out with anything...

Hey Jarhead, ever hear of Social Engineering?

As an example:

Call the #, and say

(always sounds more believable if read to the vict...ahh person)

"Hello, My name is Mr. Jankowitz, I’m with the AT&T customer welfare office. Too whom am I speaking?"

(it would be wise to have an ID tag number made up here)

(if the person says they use another provider answer: yes, but in this case your provider is leasing AT&T equipment, landline or something. be inventive)

"Well Mr/Mz Scumbag, due to a recent ruling by the federal communication commission, we are required to insert an identifying digit, or DNIS marker, into every connection made to a toll free number.

This marker will log all the particulars of the connection for security purposes, protecting both the callers and those who are called.

A digital id is mandatory with all new toll free numbers and is to be provided on an opt out basis, for all existing lines.

As a cutesy to our valued customers I am calling to get your ok to proceed with this and to inform you, that there will be no charge to you, for this extra protection”

Either yes or no is given (probably no if their not legit)

"Are you authorized to make changes or decisions for this number?

"Your full name"

"The address the number appears at...blah, blah, blah

if at anypoint they try to end the conversation, remind him/her this is opt out. no answer means proceed, their will be no further attemps to call, this is a cutesy call only.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Old Fart
    1-888-555-1212, give the operator the number, she gives the addy (or at least it used to work that way)
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

AT&T customer welfare office eh? I like that, that's smooth. Personally I'm a big fan of the wrong number. They're like this is not the Smokey the Bear party hotline and you say so who are you?
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Old Fart
    I was able to pull addresses using toll free numbers at http://www.att.com/directory/

Scroll to the bottom search tool.

Good Luck!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...